cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Stock Indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to create a special stock indicator? If yes how should we do it?

Regards,

Kishore S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a way to create special stock indicator

You have to make direct entry into the table T148 using T Code SE11.

But that would require access key as T148 is a standard table.

As of now SAP dosent recommend adding a special stock indicator , reason for which is still unknown to me .

But the advice from SAP is that in case you still have to make a direct entry then you maintain a proper documentation as to why and where it is used, as the changes will be overwritten if any upgrade of SAP version takes place.

Rest if you want to change the text of special stock indicator , you can change it using OMSB.

And here also SAP gives a warning ,not to change standard data.

So i think The entry J must have been a result of direct entry using access key in table T148.

Regards

Rahul Singh

Edited by: Rahul Singh on Nov 4, 2008 7:51 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a special stock indicator (J) already created in our system.

I believe that this is not a standard special stock indicator in 4.7 . Hope everyone will agree to this.

Hence would like to know how to create a special stock indicator.

Thanks in advance

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually Special Stock Indicators are getting stored in Table "T148" i.e. Special Stock Indicator.

If Special Stock Indicator "J" exits means it would be maintained directly in this table by appending table data which is not supposed to do.

Better take help of ABAPer to understand more about Special Stock Indicator "J" and where it is used (means in which all areas.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think you may create new 'special stock indicators', standard SAP has already given special stock indicators for almost all possible business scenarios. Why do you want to create new?

Prase

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore

It is not possible to create special stock indicator. You have to be satisfied with what SAP has in standard.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to create special stock indicators. All are provided as per the business requirement in SAP.