cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Bar Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

do you know if it's possible to add a dropdown list in a direct link group?

The point is that I have to create once with 15 links to custom reports and I don't want to waste too space...

I cannot create a workcenter, so I need to have a direct link group...

Or maybe could you suggest to me an alternative way?

Full f point if it helps!

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

it is not possible to add DDLB to NavBar. (At least without modification/enhancement).

My procedure would be to create a workcenter link with the corresponding workcenter page and put all the reports on there. As SAP did it with the standard reports.

Maybe you have your reasons why you do not want to create a workcenter...

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

as usual very appreciated your answer..

If I have to do an enhancement, do you know how can I achieve it?

The point is that the client wants these, let's say, "other reports" on the bottom of the page since he is using only one workcenter and more than one direct link groups. It's only a matter of look and feel..

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

A.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

the component of choice is CRMCMP_NAVBAR. Enhancing should work as with every other component. (If it does not, I believe there is customizing where you can specify your can define the UI layout and put another navbar component in for use).

The view to enhance could be "ShortCutLinks". Suppose you will have to do some BSP coding in there. Meaning: Put the THTMLB DDLB tag on the HTML page and fill it with useful data.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

getting back to the question of yesterday, do you think that an enhancement moving a workcenter under the direct link groups should be more feasible?

Where I should be supposed to make changes?

Thanks in andvance,

best regards,

A.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

puh... dunno.

I did not have a look at how the workcenters are generated from the customizing you do. It might be some kind of BSP tag that is just fed with the table entries. In this case it could be possible with some minor effort.

Have a look at the thtmlb:menu and thtmlb:menuii tags. The input parameter seems very clear and they are used to render the workcenters...

However I do not like the idea of screwing up the usability of the UI. Even if I do not completely agree with the UI guidelines for CRM 2007, it is a good idea to follow them. The user will be really happy if everything throughout the CRM system works the same.

The user can get used to having workcenters at top and below quick create links. Now when there is another workcenter popping up down below... not good. In your case I would choose to create a second workcenter, maybe without workcenter page, and configure all the report links to be shown in the overlay menu (to pop up when you click on the little triangle on the workcenter).

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I completely agree with your last part of the reply.

The point is that it's a client's requirement, not my will.

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

A.

Answers (0)