Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 as a back ground Job

former_member588853
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Back ground job has to be scheduled for the transaction VF04 .

We need to give some billing date to - current date and sales org parameter and schedule as a back ground job..

Please help me out, I tried a BDC but not sucesfull..

thanks,

nazeer

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to run your VF04 itself as a backgroud Job then BDC will not help. All you need to do is to go to VF04 give required parameters and execute it in background. If you need to schedule it then you need to create a variant which takes dynamic dates and then you can schedule it in the background using this variant.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply..

I did that but there is no spool created in the back ground job..

MY requirement is as below..

The requirement is as follows:

Three Background jobs has to be scheduled for the transaction VF04 as specified below.

The following shows the how it is manually run. We have schedule the same in the background process.

Go to Transaction VF04. Billing Date From - Should be blank. Billing Date to - Should be todays date. In the "Selection" tab, Sales org value should be BP01. Also, "Order-related" and "Delivery-related" check box should be checked. In "Default Data" tab, the Billing date should be set to todays date.

Click on the button "DisplayBillList", Select all and Press "SAVE"

It will take us to the next screen as shown in the attachment "AfterSave.JPG".

Here we have to click on the displayed line and then click the button "Notes".

this will take us to the next screen, where it will show the error information. Please refer teh attachment "NotesScreen.JPG".

When running in the background we have to capture these errors and show.

Note: When we save the line, the invoice are getting printted. This will be condigured to be saved in a PDF file or to be sent as a EDI. This configuration part will be taken care by the client

help me out

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very complex requirement. What you can do is record all these operations ( up to the part where you are scheduling it as background Job ) and create a BDC for it. Once you run you BDC it will schedule the job and give you the JOB name.

Before you proceed further you need to search a standard function module which display the log of a background job. Once you find that FM pass this Job name to that and get the Job log. If any errors this job log wil have recorded it.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Promod I am not clear with your suggestion..

When I create a BDc for Vf04, whats happening is the bdc is getting out of transaction before we save and get the list of errors.. the BDc is not getting executed completely..

Please clear me out..

regards..

0 Kudos

solve myself

0 Kudos

Hi Nazeer,

Am facing the same problem, while creating the BDC for VF04 transaction. The BDC is getting out of the transaction while saving. Please help me out how to solve this problem.

Regards,

Parameswaran.K

former_member588853
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

closed