cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABS() calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problem regarding the mathematical function: Absolute value.

I have a report which shows the Forecast accuracy. I will first show you the outcome:

Material/Delivered/Forecast/Diff/ABS Diff/Forecast Accuracy

A/ 150/ 160/ 10/ 10/ 93%

B/ 200/ 175/ -25/ 25/ 88%

C/ 125/ 130/ 5/ 5/ 96%

TOTAL/ 475/ 465/ -10/ 40/ 102%

To give the right result in the "ABS Diff" column I have set: Calculate result as: Summation

However: The problem is when I calculate the "Forecast accuracy" The result is correct in the material lines BUT not in the total. The total 102% is calculated based on the result of ABS Diff before setting summation. I.e. -10 and not 40.

I have tried formula collision and I have made a calculated key figure for trying to solve this but the result is the same.

I know I can solve this by using a workbook, but it is not good enough since the customer have to be able to show the profit center, the material group etc. in the report!

I have looked through threads regarding this issue but no one have yet given the solution

Can anyone please assist?

Best regard Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Do not calculate result as summation, for result rows also apply formula(but values may different due to before, after aggregation).

You can not calculate Forecast Accuracy in this way. Due to...

As Diff changes with different combinations (Customer, Customer & material, customer & material group.... ect)

you will get different values for Forecast Accuracy. and also your results.

As these results leads to confusion, i suggest remove drilldown facility and explain same to User.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Thank you for the quick reply

I know that the Forecast Accuracy will give different results because of different combinations (Customer, Customer & material, customer & material group.... ect.)

The customer wants to follow up on each profit centre, price group and not at each material line (Which I recommended in the first place). That is why I need to make the calculation based on the total lines.

I see your point in the u201Cleading to confusionu201D issue.

Is there no way to calculate on the total level?

/Thomas

Answers (0)