Setllement of Maint. Order
I am using Maint Plan for generating regular service entry sheets. For these, I have created one Maint. Order(for settlement), one framework Order(MM). When call objects(entry sheets) are generating then after accepting those will update costs in Maint. Order.
Now, I settle Maint Order.(Order get TECO-ed now)
Then, next month next call object(SES) is not generating, But if at all I again reverse TECO and generate SES.............and continue process....
To avoid these, I have not TECO-ed and in REL state only i have settled the order.
1) Is this right process ???
2) OR is this OK to reverse TECO everytime after settlement..?
Or any better process for the above ?
Edited by: raj anand on Oct 9, 2008 9:00 AM
Pete Atkin replied
With this process the maintenance order is acting as a "standing or bucket order".
- The order is left in the REL status for a particular duration (say one year)
- You can settle this order periodically (say monthly)
- Once your period is complete, you can TECO/CLSD the order. But you MUST update the maintenance plan with a new order which is REL otherwise the process will fail