cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setllement of Maint. Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using Maint Plan for generating regular service entry sheets. For these, I have created one Maint. Order(for settlement), one framework Order(MM). When call objects(entry sheets) are generating then after accepting those will update costs in Maint. Order.

Now, I settle Maint Order.(Order get TECO-ed now)

Then, next month next call object(SES) is not generating, But if at all I again reverse TECO and generate SES.............and continue process....

To avoid these, I have not TECO-ed and in REL state only i have settled the order.

1) Is this right process ???

2) OR is this OK to reverse TECO everytime after settlement..?

Or any better process for the above ?

regards

raj

Edited by: raj anand on Oct 9, 2008 9:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

With this process the maintenance order is acting as a "standing or bucket order".

- The order is left in the REL status for a particular duration (say one year)

- You can settle this order periodically (say monthly)

- Once your period is complete, you can TECO/CLSD the order. But you MUST update the maintenance plan with a new order which is REL otherwise the process will fail

PeteA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

The process which you have written is correct but reversing TECO to get service entry sheet is not at all correct.

Now just check you maintenace plan scheduling setting. Take scheduling paramenter 1 Yr. Then schedule your plan by IP10 and then see the list of plan generated and you will see the service entery sheet for all the planned if they called or save to call.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Kaushal & Thyarajan,

My sch. period is 365 days only and I am getting the full sch. days/planned dates. Out of which for first i have released Service entry sheet(SES) and on further processing TECO-ed order etc...etc.. But while clicking on next call object (manual release..before date), it tells me that Maint Order status is not suitable, so when I reverse TECO, it allows me.

Next alternative trial what I did that I didn't TECO and settled the Order. And then again Manually release the next call object(SES), it allows me..

Thats why I am asking what could be the correct process SAP proposes.??

Regards,

raj

Edited by: raj anand on Oct 10, 2008 7:32 AM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i misunderstood your query, yes i think you should not TECO the order .this plan is for service entry sheet automatic generation .hence kindly release and accept the SES only .after the validity period for the Framework order you can complete and settle the order

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thyagarajan,

Its understood that we should not TECO the Maint Order periodically,it can be done at the end of the Validity period. But don't you think that suppose validity period is two years then for each months SES generation and all costs will be gathered by Maint Order for the period of two years and cost is not going to the right allocation(say cost center) for long two years.

Points awarded to you. But practical stand point solution is required.

Raj

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i dont think to reverse the TECO ,if you are planned for monthly base and you are running the IP10 then it should generate the SES regularly .kindly check the above and revert back

regards

thyagarajan