cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

BASIS just set up a sandbox for BI 7.0.

The problem: I can not get the result after execute a testing report from web in query designer.

More Information: If i do the same thing in Query Designer (SAP BW 3.x), I can get the ad-hoc report after replace the server name by IP address. (I do not have the access right to update C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts so far.)

The connection should be OK but I think i miss some configuration in BI system. Can anyone provide some information on this topic?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are missing some ICM configuration parameters which are used in automatic URL generation. You might want to search for get_URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with that part. Any URL or step-by-step material about this configuration available?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or let me put it in this way.

After basis set up the server and install the required software package, which kinds of configuration should we do before it can work properly? where can i find the procedure for reference?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of my workmate help me to figure out the DNS problem.

We can create a .pac file with following content:

-

function FindProxyForURL(url, host)

{

if (dnsDomainIs(host, "{Put your host here}"))

return "PROXY {IP Address Here}:8000; DIRECT";

else

return "DIRECT";

}

-

Put the host and ip address in " { } " , and set your IE: tool -> internet option -> connection -> LAN -> use automatic configuration script

it will help you to get the result in 3.X if you can not change the host file and setting the DNS

7.0 still not work maybe because it is integrated with EP. Still puzzled on this topic.

Answers (0)