cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Quantity/Value Determination : VPRS (IV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

When I am creating an IV (Intercompany Invoice), I am getting an error in VPRS determination in pricing. VPRS is not getting determined and it throws up an error saying "Error in Quantity/Value determination" (Error number 217)

Need you help on the same

Regards

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leo

Go to OMS2, select the material type and click on "Quantity/Value updation". There tick the two boxes both for quantity and value.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leo,

I also found this problem in my system. It turned out that the material price that I maintained is 0 (Zero). Thus go to MR21 then maintain the price of your material there.

I resolve this problem with this solution..

Rewards if its helpful.

Regards,

Jimmy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks/ Leo

Please let us know what was the final fix made here.

regards,

Krishna

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no action before 2 months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

Pricing procedure is defined as you indicated. It is all standard. VPRS is getting determined for other materials for IV. Only for this specific material it is a problem.

The error says as below

Diagnosis

"This condition has not been determined using condition records. The amount or value should be determined from another data source. For cost (condition category 'G') it is read using conditions from the material valuation segment, for a cash discount condition it is read using conditions from the terms of payment table.

In this transaction an error occurs - the material valuation segment or the terms of payment table could not be read or a currency translation has failed."

Any idea

Regards

Leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leo,

You need to do standard pricing update for that part using transaction CK24 and release in the same transaction. This will resolve issue going forward but i am not sure about invoice already created.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained accounting screens for that material? Actually material cost system picks from material master accounting tab.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for the suggestions. In OMS2 the fields are ticked and in the item category the determine cost is also ticked.

Also this issue occurs only for specific materials.

Regards

Leo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leo The error message what you have indicated is not enough. It should have been preceded by some alpha values. Please post the same if the below suggestion also not worked for u. In your pricing procedure, for the condition type VPRS, have you maintained "B" for Subtotal and "4" for Requirement ?? thanks G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leo

Also ensure that in VOV7 for your item category, you have checked the box "Determine Cost".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi