cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we disable info area when we're opening query ??

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

It's regarding authorization in query designer.

I've already created roles .. So if user's opening the query, they can see their authorized query in roles group.

But ..

When they're opening the query, they also can search the query by info-area. When they search the query by info-area, they can see all query.

My question is:

1. How can we disable the feature to seek the report by info-area ??

2. Do you know what the authorization is for maintaining part ??

Regards,

Niel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niel

You can try the S_RS_FOLD authorization object.

Definition

With this authorization object, you can deactivate the general view of the 'InfoArea' folder. Then only the favorites and roles appear in the BEx open dialog for queries. The view of the InfoAreas is hidden.

Defined fields

The object contains a field:

SUP_FOLDER: Hide the file view if the field is set to 'True' ('X'). If both 'True' and 'False' is selected ('All Values'), the value 'False' is valid, meaning that the 'InfoAreas' file is not hidden.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav on Oct 13, 2008 6:01 AM

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gaurav for ur suggestion..

I've not tried it yet ..

Once i've tried it already, i'll revert it back.

Best regards,

Niel.

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tks Gourav,

You solved my case.

I've already given u point as my appreciation.

Best regards,

Niel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this what you need to do is instead of giving the user a query to execute, you create workbook for that query put it under a role which only he can access and then give it to him.

The advantage of workbook is that it sits under a particular role and if the User is authorised to that role only then he can access the workbook.

The best practice is always to provide end users with workbooks and not queries.

Regards,

Pramod

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tks so much pramod for ur sharing..

Btw, actually what we're giving right now is user opens the query in analyzer...

We use workbook if we need to combine a number query into one report.

Anyway... tks..

But you know how to solve what i'm requiring right now .. I want to omit the option to seek query by info-area in query analyzer.

Best regards,

Niel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think disabling InfoAreas is quite a complex operation and for this you need to approach your Basis team.

Just FYI, Workbooks are used not only to combine a set of queries, they can also be used to put a single query and change the properties of the report according to users wish locally without changing the property of the main query. Creating a workbook for your query in this situation is the best and the easiest option i see. But it is only a suggestion. You can wait for a better answer or contact your basis person for the solution you are looking for.

Hope i was of some help.

Regards,

Pramod

former_member187400
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tks a lot Pramod for ur suggestion .. i'll think about it.

But for the others, if you have the idea how to solve my case, please feel free to suggest it.

Really need ur all guidances.

Regards,

Niel.