cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Connection Test' failure in Web Service Connector system in the EP7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem in accessing Web Services available in R/3 system of version ECC5.0 into the EP7.0 using

Web Service Connector system.

Steps I have followed:

1. I have created a Web Service Connector System and created a system alias for this system.

2. Filled the following required parameters

Description

Logon Method

System Name

User Mapping Type

WSDL URL

3. I tried to check the u2018Connection Testu2019, but the Connection test was not successful and

the result as follows:

*----

Test Connection with Connector

Test Details:

The test consists of the following steps:

1. Retrieve the default alias of the system

2. Check the connection to the backend application using the connector defined in this system object

Results

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

*----

I have followed the recommendation given in the following links

while creating the web service connector system in the portal.

Editing Web Service System Properties:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/17df3d2cae445ae10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Using the Web Service Connector:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/82/6a0e7bbe744276bf393654b9b576ed/content.htm

Please assist if anyone experienced this issue.

Also, Please assist me if I need any more extra configuration needs to be done

in the J2EE Engine (like creating client proxies, etc.,...)

Kind regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I have followed the steps given by you. Still my problem continues (ie., my 'connection test' based on the 'web service connector system' fails)...

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran in to this problem setting things up. the error you present is very generic so hard to debug. There are several things to check.

1) Look at the work process trace files on the ECC system and see if you can see the connection. In my case I could see the connection and it provided information (cookie rejected, etc).

2) Use transaction SSO2 in the ECC system and confirm that your SSO config is correct. You should get all green lights and see the EP system in your ACL check there. If you don't you have more config steps to do.

3) Try connecting to the web service on ECC and see if you get a good ping between the boxes. These are set up in the Web Application Server and ITS tabs. You can use these as a way to see if you can even connect to the boxes as they provide more information than the "Connector" connection test.

4) I use firefox to examine the cookies to make sure the MYSAPSSO2 ticket is being generated and assigned to the client. There are free add on's that allow you to examine the cookies and check things out.

5) FQDNs. You gotta use them and each box has to be in the same domain. If not it will always fail. Use the full host name and make sure the domains match. There are several good notes that talk about this.

Have fun debugging! This is the best time to learn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

So, You mean to say that, if I made a trust between the EP 7.0 and SAP system(ECC 5.0) solves this issue - correct. ?

Please confirm the following steps for SSO according to my understanding.

1. Do I need to have the same userID & same Password in both the places(EP & SAP system) ?

2. I need to Export the Portal Certificate.

3. Import the downloaded portal certificate in to SAP system using "strustsso2"

Kind Regards,

Vijay

former_member280025
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to have same ID present on the ECC as well as on portal for SSO.

Follow the following steps for SSO.

1. Download portal certificate(verify.der)

2. Import the certificate to ECC system through transaction STRUSTSS02.

3. Add to ACL.

4. Edit default profile through RZ10. Maintain parameter login/accept_sso2_ticket=1 and login/create_sso2_ticket=2.

5. Restart ECC system so that changes it can load changes done in profiles .

Regards,

Niraj

former_member280025
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that you have not done the SSO configuration between portal and ECC. Try to do that first.

Regards,

Niraj