Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Approach content repository other way then URL approach

Hi all,

I'm facing the following problem. I've a web dynpro ABAP application. In this application I need to show a scanned image (invcoice) from the content repository. I want to do this via creating an URL from the ArchiveLink parameters. This I do with function module ALINK_RFC_DOCUMENT_URLS_GET. It gives me an URL like this:

http://vws027:5580/cs?get&pVersion=0045&contRep=A1&docId=48DCF054EABB01AA0000000091324DFD&compId=data&accessMode=r&authId=CN%3DBSQ,OU%3DIINITIAL,OU%3DSAPWebAS,O%3DSAPTrustCommunity,C%3DDE&expiration=20081003142459&secKey="very long secret key"

This URL I use in an Iframe and this should show me the picture. However, via the above URL I approach the content repository directly...in this case via port 5580. At this customer site they do not want to open this port. Here, it is only possible to approach the content via ECC.

Is there an other way of showing the image from the content repository besides approaching the content directly via an URL?

Regards,

Joost

replied

>

> Hi Thomas,

>

> Thanks for your reply. Yesterday tried the path you used in your example /sap/public/<guid>.html. Eventhough the path is active, I wasn't able to receive the PDF image in my WebDynpro via the cached URL.

>

> Tried URL with hostname:port, etc. and also just the path name alone. Both were unsuccessful.

>

> Do you have any suggestions why this happens? If I understand you correctly, I do not need to make use of any handler; caching the URL and calling it in my webdynpro is enough for displaying the PDF.

>

> Regards,

> Joost

No you don't need a handler - just the caching. The examples as I showed is working in several applications I have. I couldn't say why it is isn't working for you. You can go to SMICM to view the items in the cache to see what is in there.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question