cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design this production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have one scenario and some problem which i want suggestion from you.

my client have one line to produce FG about can filled with gas like hair spray. if i want any product,we have 2 process. First, we mixing all component in tank and wait 3 day for QA/QC. Second, transfer from mixing tank to fill process.

my problem is

1. How about routing of this product.

1.1 I should create one routing with 2 process ( 0010 Mix >>> 0020 Fill ) for finished goods

1.2 I should split each process to routing ( 0010 Mix as semi-finished goods ) and ( 0010 Fill as Finished goods)

+ additional, if fill process complete but mixed component in mixing tank still left. They will keep mixed component and if they add other component to mixing tank, it will transform to mixed component for other product

2. from first problem, If i choose routing type in 1.2 , i must create semi-finished goods for mixed component and create 2 production order for one product. ones for produce semi-finished goods and ones for produce finished goods. but my client said they don't want to create semi-finished good code, don't want to GR semi-finished goods to their stock , and don't want to create 2 production order for produce one Finish Goods.

from above scenario and problem i want your advice or suggestion. also, I looking if phantom assembly can resolve this problem. and point for every useful advice for sure.

thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example:

In process industry to manufacture a Aluminum pipe (FG ) , first mixing of metals in the furnace , QC will check and confirm whether the metal composition is correct or not as per the inspection plan.Then the melted metal will inject through the dies to manufacture the Aluminum pipe. In the container the excess material remains, the balance material in container will mix with the new batch of material

Aluminum u2013 5 kg

Zinc - 2 kg

Magnese - 1 kg

Total u2013 8 Kg

Finished product pipe is 2 m length u2013 6 kg (scrap calculation also can be maintained )Balance 2 Kg of raw material used to produce next batch of FG. So according to your finished product maintain the percentage of raw material for mixing in BOM.

Create Production order for the pipe. once you confirm the production order for pipe as per the length (FG : weight may change ) Use back flushing for raw materials in BOM. According the BOM raw material also issues to production order.

Routing :

Mixing --> QC --> Filling

BOM:

Raw material -- > FG ( Donu2019t need before filling & after filling ie .for mixing not need to maintain BOM)

Try this method.

Rgds,

R.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the issue in using first option.

1.1 I should create one routing with 2 process ( 0010 Mix >>> 0020 Fill ) for finished goods

Create 2 operations and in 1st operation confirm the quantoty which is QC passed.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If client don't want to create 2 production order, better to use collective order/direct.

So once u confirm the finish material then system will automatically confirm the semifinish material production order, i think this is better.

I have one doubt how u will capture costing for finished product.

Becuase in the mixed tank after filling the first product if the mixed product is still there then u will put another component used it for another product.

Please ask what about the costing.

Regards

Vijay