Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRPAD00INFTY - AFTER_INPUT Gibberish character

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting gibberish/ non-ascii character from the NEWW_INNNN structure when data is being passed into my implementation, using the HRPAD00INFTY Badi - AFTER_INPUT method. I'm developing under the ECC 6 version. Could any please shed some light.

THanks & regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to cast the innnn structure to the structure of corresponding infotype.

3 REPLIES 3

rainer_hbenthal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to cast the innnn structure to the structure of corresponding infotype.

0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

Originally, I've used the "CALL METHOD CL_HR_PNNNN_TYPE_CAST=>PRELP_TO_PNNNN" method cast the NEWW_INNNN to my own structure,

But i hit error during the FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update using the ipsyst-soper = 'MOD' to my record in one of the infotype(enhanced fields).

To be exact, the error was hit at the FM (INCLUDE) HR_INFOTYPE_CHECKEXISTENCE while READ TABLE SELTAB WITH KEY. while debugging it, it turns the value of the table seems to be gibberish/ non ascii.

Please advise

danke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Have you achieved your requirement. I have little bit same problem.

need to change the values of SAP HR screen when user saves the changed data. Ex- Salary. and then want to save into the database.

Initially I was using user exit EXIT_SAPFP50M_002 (INCLUDE ZXPADU02). I can able to change the data before saving successfully. Now i need to do same thing through BADI. I have written following code to do that.

CALL METHOD CL_HR_PNNNN_TYPE_CAST=>PRELP_TO_PNNNN

EXPORTING

PRELP = New_INNNN

IMPORTING

PNNNN = I0006.

i0006-stras = 'AddressChanged'.

CALL METHOD CL_HR_PNNNN_TYPE_CAST=>PNNNN_TO_PRELP

EXPORTING

PNNNN = I0006

IMPORTING

PRELP = NEW_INNNN.

But still the database is showing old value, it is not showing new value which is changed by me in BAdi after-input method??

Is anything wrong??

Thanks,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Jagdale (Genius) on Jan 19, 2009 4:47 PM