Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the creater of the inbound delivery using GN_DELIVERY_CREATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expertes,

is there a way to change the owner of the Inbound Delivery we created?

now i am investigating the FM 'GN_DELIVERY_CREATE', and there is a field 'ERNAM' in Import Parameter VBSK_I, and during the creation in Transaction VL34, I manually(debug) changed the value of this field from SY-UNAME to 'Test', but after the execution of this FM, the owner of the Inbound Delivery is not changed to 'Test'.

the field ERNAM in the Inbound Delivery created is not changed to Test.

so can you give some suggestions? thanks in advance.

regards,

Hongtao

3 REPLIES 3

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to do this and it shouldn't be (for audit purposes). If you're planning to, say, change some documents in a background job and want to distinguish them, create a special user ID for it and start the program using that ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jelena,

thank you for your very helpful answer, but how we can start the program using the specific ID? can you give more information? thank you very much.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done online (in foreground) by logging in with another user ID or in a background job by specifying another user ID when adding a step to the job. When a job is created in SM36, there is an option to specify any user ID for each step. Please note that the user who is creating the job does not really matter in this case. By default, the same user ID is proposed for each step, but it can be changed and then the program will run with the specified user ID. I would recommend though to use the same user ID when creating the job and for the steps, because it will facilitate monitoring in SM37.

You might want to get some assistance from Basis and try it in a test system first.