cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Interactive Forms license fees?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to find out what costs are involved with the custom built IF's. In my company, we've not implemented a real SAP based workflow for converting over all our paper to because it just wasn't 'user friendly' enough, until now with IFs. So part of our needs at this point is to know how much in licenses will we have to pay to implement. My sales team from SAP is taking a little too long to get any licensing costs to me and I'm really interested more whether we're talking $10USD per custom form, $1000USD, 50,000USD or is it per user that would use the form or what. If there's a model to determine the cost, that would be even better. We have mySAP Business Suite and for our initial usage, we'd be talking about 3000 users that might touch a form in a workflow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is also an interesting note on this matter #750784 SAP Interactive Forms licenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nesimi for your Answer,

but I must convert a Interactive-Form to a non Interactive-Form. So the ADS should not count as a licensable form.

please Help

Cheers,

Heidi

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heidi,

Open your form --> From Edit menu option --> Select Form Properties --> Goto Defaults tab --> Change the Preview type to Print Form and XDP Preview Format to Acrobat 7.0.5 Static PDF.

This should make your form non-interactive I believe.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chintan

it works

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heidi,

Do you mind opening a new thread so that you can award me back

Chintan

former_member1166031
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

i m an student, i want to develop Adobe interactive forms using webdynpro java, for single user just to practice, do we need to have licence to develop Adobe? need Assistence...

regards,

Md shakeel.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

I can shed some light on your question.

If you look at the last <a href="http://sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/2a8a0a37-0301-0010-f794-aecd1bb426e0">FAQ on Interactive Forms</a> , you can see the cases where licenses will apply. These are basically custom-developed interactive forms, or SAP-delivered interactive forms that you as a customer add interactive elements to.

The licensing scheme relates the number of form templates in a production system to the potential number of end users filling in the generated PDF. The smallest 'package' comprises up to 30 templates and up to 500 users.

While there are general global pricing guidelines for Interactive Forms licensing, I cannot reveal any figures as pricing is handled exclusively by the SAP local organizations. This information is communicated exclusively by your SAP sales contact.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I read the FAQ and have now the following understanding:

Using Adobe within WebDynpro to create nicly printable pdf-Documents does not require an additional license.

Right?

Regards, Josef

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

in principle, that's correct. If you disable the 'interactive' flag of the InteractiveForm UI element, a non-interactive form is generated, which the ADS should not count as a licensable form.

Cheers,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have the same scenario.

Actual we have a test license. So there is "... Draft ..." note through our Formulars.

Wich is the way to get a productive license for the scenario (disable the 'interactive' flag of the InteractiveForm UI element, a non-interactive form is generated, which the ADS should not count as a licensable form) without paying license fees?

Our problem is in fact:

Get a license for our non license scenario to overcome the draft phase without paying something because of using non interactive forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can I disable the 'interactive' flag of the InteractiveForm UI element?

Kind regards,

Heidi

former_member1166031
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Markus,

i m an student, i want to develop Adobe interactive forms using webdynpro java, for single user just to practice, do we need to have licence to develop Adobe? need Assistence...

regards,

Md shakeel.