cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order & invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For my stock items say i have standard item category as TAN. The billing relevance for TAN is "A" - delivery related billing.

Can I create a new item category ZTAN & use the billing relevance as "C".

Now when i create the sales order - delivery - billing. Here my billing will be order related only. I create the delivery & do the PGI........

My doubt is will it have any adverse effects........if i use order related billing instead of delivery related billing for the normal stock items........?

With best regards,

Niyaz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Niyaz,

Though there will be certain adverse effect of making order related billing as discussed above, but still to make order related billing you need to do some copy control settings besides changing the billing relevance in item category.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the case of order related billing, it will by default take the quantity from Sales Order, without considering the Delivery and PGI quantity. Hence if actual delivery quantity varies from Sales order quantity, it will by default consider only Sales order quantity.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

an example of an adverse effect on your business procedures: it is possible that you have billed a customer for an order, and the delivery has been delayed. the payment terms are in effect and the customer's subsequent orders have been blocked for credit, even if he has not received his first order yet!

to do order-related invoicing for standard items really is a business decision. you just have to realize that there are trade-offs. i don't see any problems if you anticipate that the system will allow you to invoice even without posting goods issue.

do post again for feedback.

regards.