cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Item in Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

There's a configurable material A-100 (KMAT) including three components which are the same species.

A-100 B-100 (Dependency: D-1)

B-200 (Dependency: D-2)

B-300 (Dependency: D-3)

When I choose the characterastic in sales order,system choose the corresponding component for the BOM.

But the scenario is that when the component I choosed (example.B-100) is non-stock,the system will change the component to another one (example .B-200,B-300).

To bring out this scenario,I set the 'altItemGroup' as follows:

AltItemGroup Priority Strategy Usage prob.

A-100 B-100 1 1 2 100

B-200 1 2 2 0

B-300 1 3 2 0

The question is that the component can't be changed to another in planned order or production order after the ATP checking.

My question is if the altnative item doesn't work in the variant configuration,or I just forget to set some indicator.

Any answers are welcome!

Thanks!

Roc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody could help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think in VC alternative group determination will not support. As only one componenet will be choosen as per selection condition from dependency.

So to choose componenets as per stock availability may you can use discontiniuation part option from material master.

Here you can give discontinuation for part A as B & discontinuation as per stock balance. So same way u can use it for part B also. So system will plan as per availability of stock for part A & B.

Please check if this is helpfull.

Regards,

Ashish