cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truncating last three characters in Mainfram GDG dataset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I had developed a scenario IDOC - > XI -> File and this file is generated on Mainframe system as a GDG dataset . I was able to generate the file but last three characters are getting truncated for each record in the file(dataset). From XI we are sending them correctly but on Mainframe system these last three characters are getting truncated.

For generating a file i.e. GDG dataset on Mainframe system I am using Fixed field lengths, my record length is of 254, and I am not missing any of the field length in fixed field lengths.

When I use BINARY format I am able to get the complete record but in TEXT format I am unable to have the last three characters in a record.

Is there any record size restrictions to 255 in Mainframe GDG dataset while generating the dataset ? If so, how can we overcome this situation?

Please help me....

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Record set is not limited to 255 i think.

If you are using FCC for generating this file at Mainframe

use

Field.fixedLengthTooShortHandling as Ignore

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I am Already using it.

ITEM.fieldFixedLengths - 3,1,12,18,10,6,16,18,40,4,8,8,8,8,8,14,3,14,15,3,3,8,6,14,1,3,2

ITEM.fixedLengthTooshortHandling - Ignore

ITEM.endSeparator - 'nl'

Thanks,

Vijay.

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this problem is due to field separator, in text format i think the limit is exceeding due to field separator and in binary format mentioned is not exceeding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered by my self...

To over come this issue we have to increase the size of the Mainframe GDG dataset. To increase the size of dataset

File Receiver Communication Channel>Module

Processing Sequence
1	FTPUtility	Local Enterprise Bean	1
2	FTPUtility	Local Enterprise Bean	2

Module Configuration
1	AllocationParameters	LRECL=300 BLKSIZE=30000 RECFM=VB RETPD=60
1	Mode	                preallocate
2	Mode	                move
2	NewDataset	'File Name'

And make sure the file name in Module and Parameters are different.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

FTPUtility is not recognized as a module when we attempted with the parameters to create mainframe file with the given  allocation. In our case, we can create the file with default allocation parameters which is VB record format. We would like to create it in FB format.

Is FTPUtility a standard module in Local Enterprise Bean or specially added one in your adapter. How do we set it up?

We prefer this method of configuring parameters with module processing, rather than create scripts in OS commands, before or after the file creation.  We don't want to use OS Command scripts.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Amith Dharmasiri