cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR release workflow - issue in mulitple level approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have developed a new workflow for PR release strategy.

Business object: BUS2105 ( Purchase Requistion )

Triggerring event: ReleaseStepCreated

Step1: Workflow started ( Releasestepcreated)

Step2: Approve PR ( Agent1)

Step2a

If yes --> Released to next level (Agent 2 )

Step2b

If No --> Rejected and notified initiator

Step3: Check if final PR released happened(loop)

Step3a.

If Yes --> Notify intiator and exit

Step3b.

If no --> based on next release code and release

group get the next level agent and go to

step2

Step4: Workflow ends.

Issue:

For single step PR release, workflow is working fine.

When PR created with multiple level release, a workflow triggers and notifies the 1st level agent, when the agent releases the PR at 1st level and saves it , workflow proceeds to further steps to find the next level agent . At the same time, when 1st level approver releases the PR for the next level, this same workflow triggers again and notifying the 1st level approver again. ( ie. 2 workflow instance got triggered for the same document )

If anyone faced similair kind of issue, please address me,

or is there anyway to restrict the triggering event subject to one time trigger for a document?

Please reply back. thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paris.

+601426032030

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

make a start condition (as my collueges already said) to

EBAN-FRGZU = <space>

which indicates the event .ReleaseStepCreated for the very first release code, regardless of which is was.

Best regards,

Florin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Florin and Satish,

Based on your inputs, i wrote a check function module by using fields EBAN-FRGZU = space and it worked, wrokflow is triggering only once now.

thanks a lot for your inputs...

Regards,

Paris.

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please thank them by allotting some points. It doesn't really repay them their valuable input but makes them and this forum inspiring.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assume your PR has a release code of A1 and B1 for document types 1 and 2 [I am not an expert on PR process and config]. After release of PR for document type 1, release code A1, then the release code changes to A2, A3, etc and similiarly for document type 2 - B1, B2, B3.

You can have your workflow to get triggered for only release codes A1 and B1 using OR operators in the start conditions for your workflow.

I am assuming this is how your process is ? If not, can you elaborate ?

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A simple way to achieve this is to use "start conditions" in your workflow. In the "Start Events" section of the workflow, you can set your start condition to have the workflow to trigger only for a particular release code.

This way when the 1st approver approves the PR and the release code changes, a new instance of the workflow will not be triggered for the same PR.

If you need further clarifications, let me know.

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Thanks for your reply. This wont solve my issue, i cant restrict my workflow for a single release code, we have for different documents we wll have different release codes. So we cant make to only to a specific release code.

Please reply back if you have any other suggestions?