Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

The other side of subcon

Hi Expert,

Just wondering. In SAP, when we buy something from a subcon vendor, we will post the components given to the subcon vendor as a material provided to vendor.

But if today I am the subcon vendor, what is the recommend way for me to GR these components that my customer provided to me?

Thanks.

Former Member
replied

Hi,

The customer stock has to come into your inventory first before you can consume it as you perform the goods issue of the product. So you have to GR in first. Some suggestions:

1) Create a sales order like a return order to receipt the customer supplied stock first instead of the MIGO movements I mentioned before. This sales order item will need an item category similar to a goods return which will do a goods receipt rather than a goods issue. OR

2) Create a separate storage location specificically for the customer stock. Just receipt using movt type 202, 292, etc, or use 521 and put against the sales order (stock type 'E'). OR

3) create the customer as a vendor as well and keep track of their stock via vendor consignment.

Assuming that the customer stock has a material master, the item can be linked to the sales order via a Sales BOM.

Unfortunately SAP mainly handles your stock, whether it's at a customer as consignment, or at a vendor as supply for subcontracting, but not stock supplied from customer.

Phyllis.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question