Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Alerts for Single error in interface is a design not issue with XI

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is constraint of alert mechanism in XI.

You get multiple alerts for single error,the reason is that since XI will try multiple times to process a failed message so each time it fails in its tries it will send an e-mail.to stop this the "Suppress multiple alert" box is checked but what it does is that it stops all the alerts of that specific rule until the first one is confirmed.Personally i myself (and other experts too) suggest to leave the box unchecked coz its better to get tons of mails for a specific error rather than not getting any e-mail and thereby wasting time in tracking/solving the issue resulting in revenue loss to client.

As per above comments is it possible to write an ABAP code so that we can stop multiple alerts to be sending to inbox. I am sure if we can delete message from some table then we can stop sending multiple messages to alert inbox and to the subsequent mail id also. I am not sure how alert being generated. I know where they get logged in this table sxmsalertlogger. If someone know how it works in background please let me know the table names.

Regards

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

I am facing the same issue in my landscape. Highly appreciate it if you could share the resolution for the issue.

thanks & regards

Dinakar

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you checked Alert Administration

There is a number of Alert Management administration reports that you must schedule according to your requirements. For example, report RSALERTPROC must be executed in order to enable escalation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/82/f1b14000eef20fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Gaurav

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can personalize the way in which you receive alerts.

Simply choose Personalization to make individual settings for your alert inbox. You can determine a substitute who will then receive the alerts. In addition, you can choose whether alerts are sent to you time-independently or time-dependently. The default setting is that alerts are sent time-independently to your alert inbox and via e-mail when they occur. You can additionally select the communication methods FAX and SMS for time-independent alert notification.

If you want to receive alerts only on certain days for a certain time, simply select the option for time-dependent sending of alerts and choose Create to create a new table entry. You can then choose the corresponding factory calendar, the time interval, and communication channel. Alerts that arise during this time frame will be sent in any case to your alert inbox. If you have also selected other communication channels, the alerts are additionally sent to you using these other channels.

This above text is from SAP help, do you think by changing anything in personnalisation i can stop multiple alerts. I have some issue with Personalisation link so was wondering would be worth to get tht personalisation issue resolved.

Regards

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try making the alert time dependent. By this you wont get many alerts. As per time scheduled you can get alerts.

Set conditions for sending alerts. Use the administration reports to even setting priority as escalation. You can set all alerts as normal and set people getting alerts now should get when its high priority. Ex- changing priority from 3 to 2 and to 1 based on timings. So if for any alert you set it to you as normal, more people involved when time is increased by 5 hours for error. and more people when time passed is a day or two

Thanks

Gaurav