Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCESS KEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm new in ABAP, I started a program, using de transaction SE38, I put the name of my first program as TEST_PROGRAM, next screen, the system ask me the "Access Key", what i must set there, what is the access key ?

for a while

thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basis or SAP Security has to create and provide you an Developer Access key for doing any development activity.

To check if a access key was generated for you go to SE16 and pull up table DEVACCESS. there should be an entry with your user ID if you access key was generated. IF you dont find any entry you have to contact Basis or SAP Security.

0 Kudos

Thanks my friend !!

I read your answer and the others, you help me a lot.

I put Z before the name and it works, but i will send a message to SAP, to get a accees key

bye

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello the program name should start with Y or Z ex: YTEST_PROGRAM or ZTEST_PROGRAM .

it will not allow TEST_PROGRAM.

Try to change the name of it and see.

0 Kudos

Sorry my mistake,,, but im new at Netweaver and ABAP,

i put Z before the name and it works.

bye

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the Access key or Developer key from site.

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/sscr

0 Kudos

Thanks my friend

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi your program should follow naming convention

it should start with Y or Z

as it is test_program it is asking for access key

access key is provided by SAP for creating new objects in SAP

0 Kudos

Thanks Janagar

I put Z before the name and it works

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you can imagine, you are not the first person to ask this question... so if you use the search then you will easily find alot of information without having to ask the same question again. Please give that (the search) a reasonable shot first.

Also, questions which are simply others doing the search for you and providing links (which can be googled and then you can make up your own mind) are deleted on sight.

You can find the other forum rules [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]. We don't have many rules, but they are good ones and we do enforce them.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

thanks for your tip

next time, i will search before

bye