cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice upon Goods Receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I create invoice/billing on goods receipt instead of invoice receipt?

Please help me out with this issue.

Sincerely,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can go with Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS).

When you use ERS, you have an agreement with the vendor that they do not create an invoice for an ordering transaction. Instead, the system posts the invoice document automatically on the basis of the data in the purchase order and goods receipts. This eliminates invoice variances.

Prerequisites

Evaluated receipt settlement must be flagged in the purchase order item.

The vendor must be flagged as being subject to ERS in the vendor master record.

The goods receipt must refer to a purchase order.

Goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification must be defined for the purchase order item.

A tax code must have been maintained in the purchase order item.

The order price of the materials may not be an estimated price.

Choose Logistics Invoice Verification - Automatic Settlement - Evaluated Receipt Settlement (ERS). T.Code MRRL

The selection screen appears.

You can use the following criteria to narrow down selection of the transactions to be settled:

Company code

Plant

Goods receipt posting date

Goods receipt document

Fiscal year of the goods receipt

Vendor

Purchase order and order item

You can define the selection criteria for the invoice documents by:

Delivery

Purchase order

Purchase order item

Goods receipt document

Credit memo

Invoice

Currency

Choose Execute.

The system issues a log for Evaluated Receipt Settlement, which displays the following:

Settled

In line with your selection criteria, the system displays all the order items that were settled (or if you are working in test mode, which would have been settled).

Could not be settled

In line with your selection criteria, the system displays all order items for which ERS is defined but could not be settled. It also lists the reasons.

If the system reports being unable to invoice a transaction, you should exclude the transaction from ERS to avoid it being included in the log the next time ERS is run.

Select the item and choose Exclude from ERS.

The system also generates and possibly sends a message to inform the vendor(s) about the transaction settled, depending on the settings in Customizing.

You can display the following environment information for the order items selected. To do this, choose Goto ®:

Display purchase order

Display invoice

Display material document

Display long text

Hope this helps

Regards

Gregory Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Is there any other method of being able to post an a invoice upon goods receipt without invoice receipt.

Sincerely,

Ketan

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ketan,

I think this is the only way possible to post invoice without receiving invoice from the vendor.

Regards

Gregory Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregory for your prompt response. I will evaluate ERS tomorrow and would like to get back to you with my questions if any, if I may.

Sincerely,

Ketan

Answers (0)