Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deployment error: Application file is not a valid one

Hi All,

I am trying to deploy an ear on SAP Netweaver CE 7.1. My ear consists of a few jars and the jars contained in the application.xml are part of the ear. I have taken care to see that all jars specified in the MANIFEST files of the jars are also part of the ear. But I still get this error during deployment. It says that there is a NullPointerException and the hint says that the application file is not a valid one. Which application file is this error referring to? Any help related to this would be very useful. A similar ear build for Weblogic deploys fine on weblogic app server.

[info #500] [#8]: Deployment Exception during deployment phase 'DeploymentException',cause=An error occurred while deploying the deployment item 'mycompany.com_MyIDM'.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.dc.gd.DeliveryException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DC.3298] An error occurred during deployment of mycompany.com_MyIDM. Cannot deploy it.

1. Client path 'C:\workspaceNW\AngelSP1A\j2ee\build\netweaver\deploy\qss.ear'

Sdu info :name 'MyIDM', vendor 'mycompany.com', location 'Questra', version '5.2.10038', software type ('J2EE', sub type ''), dependencies :[none]

Deploy status is 'Aborted'

Description:'1. [ERROR CODE DPL.DS.5402] JLinEE reported following erros for mycompany.com/MyIDM application.

ERRORS:

• EJB Model Builder: Model could not be built due to exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.model.builders.xml.ModuleBuilder.processEJBVersion(ModuleBuilder.java:110). See the trace files for details., file: qss-mdb.jar, column 0, line 0, severity: error * Web Model Builder: Model could not be built due to exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sap.engine.lib.converter.util.XercesUtil.hasSchemaLocation(XercesUtil.java:204). See the trace files for details., file: qss-daemons.war, column 0, line 0, severity: error * EJB Model Builder: Model could not be built due to exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.model.builders.xml.ModuleBuilder.processEJBVersion(ModuleBuilder.java:110). See the trace files for details., file: qss-ejb.jar, column 0, line 0, severity: error

Hint: 1) Given application file is not valid one.'.

Thanks

Seema.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question