cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing and Exporting to Powerpoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a relatively new user of Xcelsius and hoping someone could guide me through the problems I have come across.

First - Printing: I've exported the Dashboard I created using Adobe and now looking to print it. For some reason, when I print from the Adobe file the page always comes out blank. The only way for me to print the Dashboard is to do so from Xcelsius in the preview mode. How can I, and those receiving the Dashboard, print from the Adobe file?

Second - Exporting to Powerpoint: I have problems exporting to Powerpoint. I can export to Adobe and Word without issue; however, when I go to export to Powerpoint, all that appears is a blank grey canvas when Powerpoint initially opens. How can I export to Powerpoint so that it works on each try?

Third - Creating a slide show of Dashboards: I'm looking to create multiple Dashboards and have them displayed in one presentation to run in one slide show. I've tried to copy and paste different Dashboards into a presentation but it won't allow me to do so. Is there a way that I could have multiple Dashboards in one presentation and run continuously as a slide show?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

First - Printing: I've exported the Dashboard I created using Adobe and now looking to print it. For some reason, when I print from the Adobe file the page always comes out blank. The only way for me to print the Dashboard is to do so from Xcelsius in the preview mode. How can I, and those receiving the Dashboard, print from the Adobe file?

Are you using the "Print Button" component? If not, that may be the problem.

It's found in the Other category of components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

you need to start slideshow to see the swf in the powerpoint.

If it still does not work, you can export your dashboard to swf and insert the swf manually into powerpoint slide. You can see this thread

or this link

http://www.mix-fx.com/tutorials/importpowerpoint.html

for details on how to do it. The same way, you can export several swf files and insert each one in a separate powerpoint slide in your presentation.