cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server XI R2 SP4 - Installing - missing cab file : m293.cab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just tried to install "Crystal Reports Server XI R2 SP4" and got an error message saying that there is a cab file missing.

The file is called "m293.cab" and it is really missing from the temporary installation folder.

I then tried and use the same name cab file "m293.cab" from the previous Service Pack hoping that it had the same content on it, but it gives another error about missing content.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Marcos Junges

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

I uploaded this cab file [here|ftp://ftp.businessobjects.com/pub/incoming/m293.cab].

Hope you can downkload withoput any problems

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Falk,

many thanks for that, but I'm still getting errors. This is the error message:

Error 1334. '_6A5CzI.qRnC_wrqEQMnQ99.31DDE36F_8DBF_4883_9480_3B9FF22C14DC' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'm293.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

This is a screenshot of it: [ErrorMessageScreenShot][ftp://ftp.businessobjects.com/pub/incoming/error.JPG]

I've just downloaded the whole package "crsxir2win_sp4.exe" again and still the cab file isn't there.

Thank you,

Marcos

Edited by: DAVID MUNRO on Oct 10, 2008 1:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

are you downloading under Win2003 OS ?

What is your browser ?

I recommend to download when we have less traffic on our server.

I also could not get to the external server yesterday but used internal network to get the cab file.

Try over the weekend again.

Best regards

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Falk,

Yes, I am downloading it from a Win2003 machine. The browser is IE7.

I can even see what's inside the m293.cab, and it is not the file mentioned on the error message...

This is the m293.cab content (one file):

tslv.dll.7ADA0B91_68E0_4E90_AD3D_23C9E3079BAB

The file doesn't seem to be corrupted, it just doesnt have what was expected by the installer software.

I tried downloading it again and had the same result... These are the installation files that I've already tried with the same result:

- crsxir2win_sp4.exe (from [https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009887052008E/crsxir2win_sp4.exe])

- 1401492085.exe (from [https://businessobjects.subscribenet.com/control/bobj/product?cert_num=48316663&child_plneID=30801])

The next one was not the rigth package:

- boXIwin_sp2.zip (from [https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100005931922008E/boXIwin_sp2.zip])

I uploaded the servicepack4 part of the log where the error appears:

[ftp://ftp.businessobjects.com/pub/incoming/sp4LogPiece.txt]

Thanks,

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also having this problem, downloading the m293.cab file from a previous post on this thread didn't resolve the issue.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just came across this issue today as well. I downloaded SP4 from

http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

and am missing (at least) m82.cab. I've tried redownloading and have hit this same error.

--david

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just downloaded SP4 from the location previously mentioned in this thread:

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/cs/CRSXIR2SP4/1450144085.exe

After extraction I received the following message:

"Another version of this product is already isntalled. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel"

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a full copy of CRS XI R2 SP4 instead of "just" SP4 and isn't providing an upgrade from my current CRS XI R2 SP2. Can someone provide SP4 that can be run on top of an existing SP2 (and includes all the missing CAB files mentioned throughout this thread)?

Thanks,

--david

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, david,

that´s i am waiting for, as well.

i can´t believe, that this process is not be done by sap yet.

however, i hope, they will upload the sp soon.

bye

gert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone made any progress on this? I'm also looking for SP4 (not full install). I see on the SAP SP download site, the October version is still posted. Considering they are aware that there is a problem with that version that it would have been removed 5 months later, so perhaps it has been updated without the date change?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is no incremental SP4 service pack for Crystal Reports Server XI R2 and no plans to build one.

Your ONLY option is to back up your CMS and Data store, un-install and then install from the FTP link.

The downloadable file from the support site is broken and they are working on fixing it and it is/will be the full build also.

Closing this post now.

Thank you for your understanding

Don

Latest update: There is both incremental and a full install of CR Server XI R2. We are escalating this to the build team to verify they are working properly and will update the links on our download sites once they are completed.

Edited by: Don Williams on May 20, 2009 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the below steps on Os : Windows Server 2003 SP1 successfully at my end:

1] Uninstall the Crystal Reports Release 2+Service Pack 3

2] Install Crystal Reports Release 2 + Service Pack 2 full build from SMP.

3] Install Crystal Reports Release 2 + Service Pack 4 incremental patch from SMP.

[ Or Install Crystal Reports Release 2 + Service Pack 4 full build from SMP]

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepti bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is way too much installing and re-installing for people who have a production server working correctly already.

All BO and SAP need to do is fix the patch.

Edited by: Richard Kenyan on Jan 26, 2009 11:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search for a file called "busobj.exe" in your CR Server installation folder and remove it/rename it;

this file shouldn't be part of the CR server installation and it's not needed.

After remove the file, you can successfully install the SP4 on top of your CR Server XIR2 SP2 or SP3.

Marco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

I tried your solution, but after extraction of the SP4-installation file, I see these files in my installation directory :

BusinessObjects.cab, Businessobjects.msi, instmsiw.exe, setup.exe, setup.ini and

m2.cab - m436.cab (of course without m293.cab and some other cab-files that does not give errors).

Is the file "busobj.exe" that you mentioned in one of the cab files ?

Note :

• My problem is that for the integration kit of Sharepoint WSS3, the minimum service pack level of "Crystal Reports Server XI R2" must be 3 and only 2 and 4 are available.

• Also note that service pack 2 downloaded via "https://service.sap.com/bosap-supportsw" seems to be corrupt (tried it 4 times). With a lot of search I could find it on the old BO-site "http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/upgrade_advisor/crystal_reports_server_sp2_windows.asp" -> this was not corrupt

• I mentioned this to SAP, but the only answer I got was that I did not have BO-support .... strange ...

Regards,

Geert

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have flagged this issue with the appropriate department at SAP BusinessObjects. They are currently looking into replacing the faulty service pack. I'll keep this thread updated with any news.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Fritz, I appreciate your action. I hope I can download SP4 (or SP3) soon to finish my sharepoint connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geert;

I had a similar problem, where I needed to go to SP3 or SP4. Since SP4 was not working, I had to patch SP3, which I then had to find.

Here is a working copy of the Crystal Reports Server R2 Service Pack 2 (just the incremental patch):

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/upgrade_advisor/crystal_reports_se...

1) Click on the Download the incremental patch: Part 1 (650 MB) | Part 2 (563 MB)

2) They are named 14-50133-085.part1.exe and 14-50133-085.part2.rar.

Here is a working copy of the Crystal Reports Server R2 Service Pack 3 (just the incremental patch):

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/upgrade_advisor/crystal_reports_se...

1a) Upon further inspection, it looks like you can click this link on the page now as well: Crystal Reports XI R2 SP3 u2013 Incremental Patch u2013 879 MB

1) Click on this: Crystal Reports XI R2 SP3 with Download Manager u2013 Incremental Patch u2013 879 MB

2) You'll then get a pop-up window asking you to install the download manager. I didn't do this. All I did was right-click the "click here" located in the bottom of the pop-up window, and choose "open in new window."

3) Download the SP3 patch! It is named 14-01187-085.zip.

This may be able to tide you over until you until SAP/BO fixes the SP4 patch.

Edited by: Richard Kenyan on Jan 27, 2009 8:12 AM

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've temporarily copied the good copy of the install to our FTP site. I'll ask the people who manage the SAP download site to update the file.

Here's a temporary link to get the real one:

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/cs/tom/cd.zip

Thank you for your patience

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don;

What exactly is the "good copy of the install" you mentioned?

Is it just the Crystal Reports Server XI R2 SP4 install by itself (i.e., not the full version, just the service pack)?

Or is it the Crystal Reports Server XI R2 SP4 full install (i.e., you would use this to install if you haven't installed any version yet)?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I downloaded the files, but it is service pack 3 when I wanted to install it.

Could you please put service pack 4 on your ftp-site ?

Thanks,

Geert

geertnysmans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Had you already the chance to upload SP4 to your FTP-server ?

Thanks,

Geert

geertnysmans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Fritz, could you give an update please ?

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

According to the testing team, they have fixed the issue. They are in the process of re-publishing the installer file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide a link to this Re-Published Installer when it becomes available. I just checked the official update site ("https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm"), and it still only shows the 9/23/08 version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried Marco's solution and it did work.

-> Just rename the file busobj.exe and apply SP4 over SP3 and it should work for you as well.

Marco, thank you very much for that. I didn't give you the 10 points because that would mark the issue as solved. I am only going to close this question when there is a official fix from BO.

thank you all for the help.

The good news is that SP4 is more stable and less buggy than SP3.

Cheers,

Marcos Junges

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thats my opinion too.

i have the same problem (however, its already the file m31.cab, that is missing ...)

its important, that BO fixes the issue, because i will not do tricks on my

running system.

i hope it will be fixed soon. very strange, that the testing team needs almoust 10 days

to publish the new file ....

bye

g.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Interesting thread.Not sure why the link is SP4 so I've re-copied it to our ftp sute for download:

ftp://ftp1.businessobjects.com/outgoing/cs/CRSXIR2SP4/1450144085.exe

And verified it is SP4, it may be a full build though.

Thanks again

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on Mar 9, 2009 7:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sorry, but i must tell u, that i did not succeed in installing sp4

i downloaded the link, but when i tried to install, the installer said,

that there´s another version installed (its quite clear, its my cr server running with sp2)

thus the issue is not fixed at all ....

(or i did the wrong thing perhaps ...)

bye

gert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone please post this cab-file again ? Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is support like this that has helped us decide to implement MS SQL Server Reporting Services for our reporitng environment. We are fed up with BO and SAP support or lack there of. Let's not even get into what we spend for tha support every year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just downloaded SP4 this week. First timer here, I did not know about this problem. So the issue is still not fixed. And this software is worth how much again? with this type of support? How long can it take to find the file and post it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to let you know, I still have the same problem.

I've also tried:

1) Unistalling Service Pack 3 (back to SP2) and trying to apply SP4.

2) Re-installing Service Pack 3 and trying to apply SP4.

Thanks,

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have the same problem. I used WinRAR to extract the files from the EXE to make sure I didn't have any permissions issues on c:\temp. There is no m293.cab file in the file, and I cannot download the file from the FTP link provided earlier in this thread. Rolled back to SP3.

At a minimum, please update the download for the entire file and I'll simply download the entire thing again.

Quickly.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also unable to instal SP4... Are there any updates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any word on a fix for this? Or at the very least, acknowledge that there is a problem?

I was able to install Crystal Reports Server XI Release 2 SP3 - 11.5.9.1076 successfully, but this doesn't change the fact that the SP4 installer is still broke.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get Release 2 SP 2 installed successfully. Not sure of the functionality that may be missing or different from 4. I may try to do the SP 4 now that I have the files that I was supposedly missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All;

As per the first post, this is the exact same problem that I am having.

Using the other file that was posted is of no help.

How could a massive service pack be released, and not have the included required files?

Please fix this ASAP. Thank you.

PS:

My current versions as of Nov 6, 2008 12:01 PM:

Server: Windows 2003: updated with current MS Updates:

Crystal Reports Server XI Release 2 Service Pack 3 (CRS XI R2 SP3) - v11.5.9.1076

Developement Workstation: XP Pro SP2: updated with current MS Updates:

Crystal Reports XI Release 2 Service Pack 4 (CR XI R2 SP4) - v11.5.10.1263

Edited by: Richard Kenyan on Nov 6, 2008 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue. Is anyone from BO or SAP listening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also having this problem, please fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with the CrystalReports.cab file. Same exact issue.