cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many concurrent connections are possible using the .NET proxy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

We are developing code to intregrate a customer's existing website with a backend SAP system. Based on end-user inquriy, the website fetches some information from SAP and displays it to the user.

The website is built using ASP.NET. Our .NET code that calls the RFC is working as expected. The connection is opened using a predefined username/password, data is fetched, and the connection is closed.

There is one thing that I am not clear on. When multiple users are connected to the website, is there a limit on the number of concurrent connections that can be made to SAP? Note that there is only one predefined username/password being used to connect to SAP.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I dont think there is any default settings for that. However, from the perfomance point of view I would suggest you to enable connection pool in the .NET application. That makes a lot of difference.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, Jitesh.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

To integrate SAP to an other system, I developed a multithread application which etablish a lot of connection. The result was than more connection you have more you will have an exception during the calling of RFC.... If you have to extract datas from SAP or do a lot a RFC calling, I suggest that you develop a multithreading application with a low-balancing algo to reduce the number of error and optimize the performance. For instance you increment the number of calling until you have an error and after you divide the last number of thread by 2 and you continue...

Edited by: Jerome Fortias on Oct 28, 2008 11:46 AM