Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Expand All Hierarchy Nodes with WAD command

I have a query with Rows containing Organisation and Employee. In the query, I set the Organisation hierarchy to Expand to Level= 99 and then Activate Rows to be Displayed as Hierarchy and Expand To=Employee. This causes the entire Organisation hierarchy to be expanded down to the Employee level. I want to be able to mimic this same functionality in WAD with button so that I can have an Expanded or Collapsed version of the report, without having to create multiple reports (already too many).

I've tried several different commands in WAD such as SET_DRILL_STATE, DRILL_DOWN and SET_AXIS_HIERARCHY. These commands never fully expand the Organisation hierarchy. They generally expand to 1 Org sublevel or simply show the Employee information without any Org expansion.

For example, my settings for SET_DRILL_STATE would be:

Axis: Rows

Characteristic: Organisation

Position Index of the Object: 1 (have tried numerous settings)

Drill State: Expanded

Expand to Level: 99 (have tried numerous settings here)

Result: Expansion to only level 2 of Organisation. Can manually expand much further...

Example settings for SET_AXIS_HIERARCHY would be:

Axis: Rows

Active: On

Desctiption: Default

Initial Drill Level: 2 (have tried numerous settings here)

Result: Expands to Employee characteristic (level 2) correctly, but does not expand upper level characteristic Organisation.

Is there anything available to fully expand the Organisation hierarchy in WAD or am I stuck with creating duplicate versions of the reports? Need to know soon. Please help.

BTW - I can do this in reverse by having the Org fully expanded (using method in query described at top) and then using the SET_DRILL_STATE to Collapsed.

Edited by: Joe Roettgen on Oct 9, 2008 6:42 PM

UPDATE: I figured this out. I needed to use the SET_HIERARCHY command (even though it was already set in the query), then the use the SET_AXIS_HIERARCHY

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question