cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems applying the How To.. Copy & Paste in BEx Web Applications paper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone had a go at implementing the SAP guide How To... Copy & Paste in BEx Web Applications? [SAP NetWeaver How-To Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80220fed-0e6d-2b10-bbb9-f6af76dee0cc] I have followed the steps with no problems, but cannot select cells to copy / paste.

By adding alert statements, I have managed to debug, and found that the following statements are not returning any data:

row = sapUrMapi_SapTable_getClickedRowIndex(e);
col = sapUrMapi_SapTable_getClickedColIndex(e); 

The variable e is filled, so it must be the sapUrMapi_SapTable_getClickedRowIndex call which is not working. Of course, I cannot find any documentation on this SAP function...

Is there something I have to do to use the sapUrMapi functions, or are they version / patch dependent?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the code in the How to guide works fine except when I try to copy data which is formated in excel. The values are copied correctly but after refreshing the layout the copied numbers get screwed completely.

When I copy numbers from plain excel, it works fine. Did anyone solve this problem? I think there must be a java script code which deletes the format of the copied data, but unfortunately I am not a java developer.

Any help in this will be appreciated

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not had any success solving the problem yet.

It is not for filling varable values. The aim is to copy data from an Excel sheet and paste into multiple cells of a WAD layout grid.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael!

Wich version of internet explorer are you using? Did you manage to solve the problem?

Noel_Munday
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, I implemented the "How to" guide and it worked first time. I am now able to copy and paste from Excel to Web and Web to Excel and between cells on the web WAD Analysis item.

Regards,

Noel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not working for me, did you able to fix the problem?

Is this to help user fill variable values before query execution? I mean to pick values from an excel sheet and copy in the entry box?