Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about elements in ABAP programming. Please see..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know what is the way to find more info about an element eg SPOS in the structure ALV_S_SORT. The short description doesnt tell much. When I was reading a word file (tutorial on ALV reports) I came to know that this is used to provide sort criteria for the different fields. But I don't know what should be the value of SPOS? I see that it is a NUMC2 (length=2) type data. This info is used in the function call REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY, but no info on what values to give to it?

Please let me know what is the right approach to tackle such issues at clients place.. Should I ask at this forum each time.. Please let me know about the field spos and how did you find out.

Thanks,

Charles.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your first step should be to read the documentation for this FM. If that doesn't help, search the forum for answers (this FM has been discussed before). If you still have questions, then ask the forum.

Rob

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charles

If you want to start with ALV programming but are not yet comfortable enough with class-based ALV list (CL_GUI_ALV_GRID, CL_SALV_TABLE) then I highly recommend to use fm REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY_LVC. The interface of the fm is very similar (if not identical) to method SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY of CL_GUI_ALV_GRID.

In order to understand the function of its parameters have a look at the excellent tutorial [An Easy Reference For ALV Grid Control|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e8a1d690-0201-0010-b7ad-d9719a415907]

The tutorial is intended for OO-based ALV lists but using the fm I suggested you can use this documentation as well.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone!!