cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Metadata disappeared after checking DC into DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I created a Local WebDynpro Development Component. Checked it into DTR.

I can see the .dcdef file in the DTR. Also I can see the .dcdef in the project folder in the workspace on my Local PC. SO I assume the DC definition is still intact.

Now when I sync back from DTR, only the local folders are seen under the project in the WebDynpro Explorer. That is the DC Metadata node is no longer there.

Also in the DC Prespective under 'My Components' this DC has disappeared. I want to get back the DC Metadata node under the DC .

Kindly suggest what I am missing.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did u get any solution for this? I am also stuck up with the same problem. Please help.

Thanks

chandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

WHat I found is, if u create a DC as Local (i.e create a Local Dev Component), u cannot chen into DTR. Once u do it, the Local DC becomes a normal WD Project.

So if u want to check a DC in DTR u have to follow the NWDI methodology. That is create a Track, Software Component etc..

Read the tutorial on NWDI (Tutorial No 2: Dev with a Track) on SAP online Help.

But seems like Local DC's should only be developed if ur not working in a team.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOme more information. Now when I try to Deploy the APplication, it says "Cannot get name of DC Project".

Thanks