Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit ESS W2 reprint screen for ess~us

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Just trying to edit UI element on the selection screen of

ess~us> VcW2Reprint > W2 Reprint selection screen.

It was three options either send W2 by mail, pick up or intercompany may. All are in radio button group.

Can anyone who have acess to NWDI and ESS let me know how to delete that option.

That would be of great help.

Thanks,

Boiler.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope NWDI already in place for doing these customisations on W2 reprint DC. Please identify the view which is having the radio buttons. Once you identify the view with ui elements , look for the layout container which is having this Radio Button, and change the visisble propery to none. If you did not see this RadioButtons in web dynpro views then you ahve to figure out how this ui is generating in the run time and need to do those appropriate changes. Because ESS componets are deliverd by SAP so be careful when you do these modifications.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

Right NWDI is in place. I have identified the view is W2ReprintSelection view in VcW2Repint component. Here I am trying to remove a radio button from a radio button group. Not thegroup as of whole.

Loks like simple enumeration type is declared in the local dictionary for this radio button.

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Boiler,

You have to check out the .XLF files associated with the SimpleType and delete unwanted option from there. Also delete unwanted option from SimpleType as well.

To check out .XLF file, switch to Package explorer View and navigate to src/packages->com.sap.xss.hr.us.w2reprint and check out DeliveryMethodType.dtsimpletype_en.xlf file. From Resource Text, delete the unwanted option and it should work for you.

Hope it helps.

Vishwas.

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rebuild+Reload the DC before testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishwas,

You are really awesome. I didnt build completetly but. I tried and checking out the xlf file. Looks like it work.

Thanks,

Holcombe

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good that I could help. When your issue is solved, please close the thread as closed threads act as future references.

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishwas,

I tried it the way you suggested. I was able to delete the description. But instead now the value of the radio button shows up.

I mean in local dictionary. It

3 regualr mail

2 inter company mail

1 pick up.

I deleted intercompany mail option from xlf file.

It removed Intercompany mail.

Its showing , below options in enumeration tab of local dictionary.

3 regular mail

1 pick up

and on the view its showing as.

regular mail

pickup

I did a reload and rebuild.

Or there any other steps which I need to perform?

Thanks,

Holcombe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the one with number 2 in the enumeration tab and delele it. A rebuild after this should help you.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Enumeration tab the Edit but is disabled. I am not sure if you are working on a track with DC . can you check if the edit button is enabled.

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Boiler,

You need to check out SimleType to delete the Option. Then Reload+Rebuild needs to be done.

Vishwas.

Answers (0)