Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Forecast Versions from APO-DP

Hi,

The DP module generates a forecast everymonth and is stored as Version 000. At the beginning of the next month, the old forecast version is overwritten in APO with the new values. Data from APO will move to BW on a periodic basis.Now in this scenarion one has to model the BW system in such a way that the user has access to both current and historical snapshots of the plan/forecast.

One way I can think of is to maintain two cubes. The first one will store only active data and the second one historical data. Data from the first one will be moved to the history cube with the version and a time stamp of the previous month. Then the new data will be loaded into the Active Data Cube from APO.In this case for reporting with current version, I will do it from cube one and for history goto cube 2.

The other way is to have one cube for everything with the time stamp getting loaded when the data moves from APO. In this case for reporting with current version, I will have to use filters: Version = 000 and Month = Current Month.

Is there any other / better way/best practices to model this?

Cheers

Anand

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question