cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Versions from APO-DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The DP module generates a forecast everymonth and is stored as Version 000. At the beginning of the next month, the old forecast version is overwritten in APO with the new values. Data from APO will move to BW on a periodic basis.Now in this scenarion one has to model the BW system in such a way that the user has access to both current and historical snapshots of the plan/forecast.

One way I can think of is to maintain two cubes. The first one will store only active data and the second one historical data. Data from the first one will be moved to the history cube with the version and a time stamp of the previous month. Then the new data will be loaded into the Active Data Cube from APO.In this case for reporting with current version, I will do it from cube one and for history goto cube 2.

The other way is to have one cube for everything with the time stamp getting loaded when the data moves from APO. In this case for reporting with current version, I will have to use filters: Version = 000 and Month = Current Month.

Is there any other / better way/best practices to model this?

Cheers

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

I agree with you, to manage the historical forecast from APO DP itu2019s hardly task. I was in a project where we was created two characteristic to manage the version weekly and monthly, the value of those characteristic was calculated in the transformation between PSA and first level of target (DSO) the version dependent the data load by package regarding de system data.

In this scenario we have created record by week and monthly version. Furthermore, in the query we have a forecast characteristic restrict by version through offset.

I hope this guideline can help you,

Luis