cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment with less than required quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are executing replenishment via RLLNACH1 (or LP21) from our high rack to our fixed bins in the background.

We then run RLAUTA10 to create the TO from the TR. We have selected allow partial prov in TO and Select partially processed TO's.

In some cases, we are seeing TO's created for less than the required quantity or NO TO's at all when there is enough stock in both cases.

Scenario 1:

Material Master Settings for fixed bin:

Min: 10

Max: 102

Replen Qty: 0

Stock situation:

High rack for bin1 = qty 26

High rack for bin2 = 120

Fixed bin Qty avail stock = 4 (below min)

TR created for Qty of 98 (102 minus 4 avail). TO created for only 26 (the first bin above in full). This leaves the TR partially processed, with remaining open qty of 72 (98 minus 26). The system did not create TO a second line item for the TO from the other available stock in bin2 for the balance up to the maximum. Any ideas why not? Does GR Date in high rack bin or quantity in the high rack bin?

Scenario 2:

Material Master Settings for fixed bin:

Min: 30

Max: 50

Replen Qty: 0

Stock situation:

High rack for bin1 = qty 150

High rack for bin2 = 300

High rack for bin3 = 275

Fixed bin Qty avail stock = 15 (below min)

TR created for Qty of 35 (50 minus 15 avail). TO is NOT being created. There is plenty of stock in high racks. Not sure why???

This is creating many ineffeciencies in our system. Please respond.

Regards,

Sandy Miner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Thank you again. I completely understand your points. I didn't think about stock type. Upon checking, stock types are all the same, so also no impact to my replenishments. I did not have time to debug today, but will look again at this on Monday.

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply. I believe my settings are correct for my strategies and storage type master data.

Storage Type Search strategy is going for both high rack and double pallet (001 & 002). My stock in question is located in the high racks (001). High racks are SU managed.

The materials in question are not batched managed, so that should not be an issue.

The fixed bin storage type has 'addition to stock' set and it is not SU managed. We do not allow mixed storage of any kind. I don't THINK this is a problem because the fixed bin is not SU managed and, as stated before, the material is not batched managed, so changing it to setting "A" several homogeneous storage units per bin should not impact this because it's not SU managed. Do you agree?

I am checking the back ground job log as well, to see if there's any messages in that log. I do like the idea of creating the TO manually and 'debugging' the search strategy, etc.

Any other input would be helpful. Especially about the mixed storage note above. Could this be an issue? Do you allow mixed storage in your fixed bins? Are you settings similar?

Thank you,

Regards,

Sandy

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

You mentioned that you had enough stock for replenishment even tough SAP created TO only for a partial qty. Mixed storage was mentioned by me because it is possible that your available stocks have different characteristics and SAP cannot put those quants into one bin.

Not only batch is important, stock type is also a factor. Please compare the characteristics of the stocks in your examples.

I tried it with the same settings as you, and it worked.

I do like the idea of creating the TO manually and 'debugging' the search strategy, etc.

Please do this I have no better idea than restoring the original stock situation, deleting all related TRs, run LP21 again and try to process the TO manually in the foreground (or via LT01 w/o TR).

Regards,

Csaba

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I set it in our Sandbox system and it works fine.

1. Do you have the proper (storage type, section, bin search) strategy in your system (for stock removal)?

2. Do you have the proper settings for your storage type? I mean addition to existing stock, mixed storage, etc? Isn't it possible that the different batches, stock types cause troubles?

If you face such problem, maybe it would be reasonable to reset the original situation (put the stock back to the bin from which it came, delete the partial TR) > create the TR again in LP21 and process it manually in foreground. In this case you could 'debug' your settings.

Regards,

Csaba