Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about include statements in ABAP. PLease see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I include some code in other languages eg C or C++ then I get only that code included but in ABAP i am getting confused.. what is LSALVUXX, LSALVTOP, LSALVF01, LSALV08 etc?

How does all this work. If you could also explain with example that would be great.. I am currently looking at REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY.

Thanks,

Charles.

8 REPLIES 8

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An include is a type of program that contains it's own code, but also can contain other includes inside and can be called in several different other programs (or includes).

You are looking at a function-group that is called SAPLSALV. This function group, contains several function modules and each one of those belongs to some generated include (for example, FM REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY is related to the generated text LSALVU07).

LSALVUXX is the include that contains all the FM includes.

LSALVTOP contains all the global declarations of the function group. All of this includes, can have sub-includes.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

Hello Valter,

You lost me starting from the middle of the second paragraph of yours. What is a generated text and a generated include?

Best,

Charles.

0 Kudos

Sorry, it's an expression ... generated text ... the same as generated include.

0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

I looked at LSALVF02 and it is set of forms. Now a form does not import or export so the code in forms can be implemented as a include. Am i understanding it correct? But then it could also have been a FM with no import or export parameters?? My 2nd question is: Which of the following are auto generated and which are not and why?

...TOP

...XXX

are there more eg ...011 or ...039 etc?

Best,

Charles.

0 Kudos

Well, first of all I must say that there are things that depend of the design that was choosen (by the programmer) when it was done. Yes, a form could be an include in that point of view, but programatically it can have different behaviour. Also, if you have several forms with same context, probably you can arrange them in just one include for clarity

But, answering the first question ... yes, you can have a FM without import and export parameters

Second question ... the generated are the FM ones ... the ones that are inside LSALVUXX.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

Hi Valter,

I see that ...uxx is all generated (it says that in its comments), but my question is:

Is it generated when I create ...TOP or when I create ...D01 or ...F01 or ..TOP?

Also tell me what is the naming convention here for D01 or F01 (as in our example).

Thanks,

Charles.

0 Kudos

Hi Charles Brown,

Include L<fgrp>TOP and the main program SAPL<fgrp> are generated automatically while you creating the FUNCTION GROUP named as <fgrp>.

Includes L<fgrp>UXX are created for each FUNCTION MODULE you create in FUNCTION GROUP. i.e. While you create very first FUNCTION MODULE for this FUNCTION GROUP, the inlcude L<fgrp>U01 will be generated automatically and so on.

TOP is for GLOBAL DATA declaration, that can be shared by all FUNCTION MODULE in that FUNCTION GROUP.

UXX contains the actual code for FUNCTION MODULEs.

FXX contains definitions of SUBTOUTINEs or FORMs used.

DXX ??? No idea.

Regards,

R.Nagarajan.

-

We can -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this but I am yet to analyze if it has really answered by questions.