cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting "enabled" property of a UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two UI elements in my WebDynpro application. The first one is a HierarchicalMonthView and the second one is a linkToUrl element.

The link toUrl is to be enabled only if onMoreSelect event of the HierarchicalMonthView element is triggered.

One of the ways of achieving this is to create a context attribute say showLink and bind it to the Url element. Now I would set this attribute to "true" in onMoreSelect event and set to "false" in all other events of HierarchicalMonthView .

Is there any other optimal way of doing this? I wanted to avoid repetitive setting of attribute to "false" in all other events. Is there any method available to developers which is called before the application event handlers for every round trip. I was thinking of setting the attribute showLink property to "false" in this method and then setting the showLink to "true" only in onMoreSelect event.

Please correct if my thinking is flawed or other ways exist of achieving the desired result.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

If your are using LinkTOUrl UI element in NWDS7 then we donu2019t have any method like onMoreSelect and OnMouseOver.

The best way to do this to bind the context attribute as you explain in your question, Becouse of we donu2019t session kind of thing where you can set and get attribute value as per your requirement

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain the use case? Seems like this is kind of a "mode", maybe a modal window could solve this?

Armin