cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation simulation for investment orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have requirement from the users, where they would like to see the depreciation simulation run for the whole budget. At present when they run the depreciation simulation for example Investment order 9101241 with capital budget of $200000, which was capitalized on 01.25.2007. In that year they used amount of $50000 and when they run the monthly depreciation simulation for the open order in 2008, system is showing the planned depreciation as $833.34 per month and the capitalization date as 01/01/2008. I have analysed the sytmed is showing the planned depreciation on the amount that was spent i.e., 50000/60 months=833.34 because the useful life is for 5 years.

The question is what configuration changes do i need to make so that the deprecition simulation run shows the planned depreciation on the total budget and show the depreciation date as 01.25.2007. I am not sure how this could be done and we be very thankful if anyone could give me any help. Any help will be truely appreciated.

Kind Regards

Leoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depreciation will be calculated on the capitalized asset value and not on the budget. Coming to the Depreciation start date, it is calculated based on the calender assignments maintained for the Period Control used in the depreciation key.