cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI Release 2: Error message when trying to install

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to install Crystal Reports XI Release 2 onto my computer. After putting CD1 into my computer and clicking install, I get the following error message:

"Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid."

A couple members of my companies' I.T. department tried to help, but the error message was foreign to them. Tthey even built me a new hard drive, but unfortunately it gave me the same error message.

I am able to install Crystal Reports XI without a problem, but for some reason, Crystal Reports Release 2 will not install.

Any help you can provide in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Please uninstall CR XI from the machine(if it is already installed).

2) Copy the files from the Crystal Reports XI R2 installation cd to the hard drive(say for e.g copied to a folder called "test" in the root of the C: drive.

2. Go to Start > Run and enter the silent installation command as follows:

msiexec /i "C:\test\win32\CrystalReports.msi" REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn+ PIDKEY=B5W60-01C0200-000HX40-0AA1 INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Crystal Reports 11.5" COMMONVERDIR="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.5" ADDLOCAL=ALL

Let me know if this helps or else we can try something else.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response, but I think I need more help. I followed step 1 and uninstalled Crystal Reports XI, but I can not get far enough inthe installation process to try step #2.

When I put in the Crystal Reports XI Release 2 cd, the Crystal Reports installation menu pops up. After placing the cursor on English, the only options available on the right hand side are:

Installation Guide

Release Notes

Education and Counseling

Techinical Support

>Install

After I click the install button, the Windows Installer box comes up for a second or two, during which it says preparing to install on the top of the box. Then, after a few seconds, the previously mentioned error message pops up. I can't even grab copy any files to copy.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.Are you able to neglect the installation window completely.

Like,can you just open your drive which accepts the cd and copy all the files from the win32 folder to another folder say "test".

2. If not on this machine, could you please try this on some other machine.

3.Otherwise you can download it from the following URL:

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/servic

e_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp#CRXIR2

Please select the "Service Pack 2 - Full build - ZIP - 1.03 GB -released April 2007" hyperlink.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option number one was unsuccessful as well, but the link you provided did the trick.

Thanks so much for you help!