cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Multiple Spreadsheets per Month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible for me to import a new spreadsheet every month and then be able to look at & analyze the data on the .swf dashboard?

My goal is to be able to compile past data and compare the previous months, quarters, years, etc.

I have not been able to find this answer and I am new to Xcelsius.

Thank you,

Bobby

Edited by: Bobby Johnson on Oct 8, 2008 10:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

There is no way to automatically import Excel spreadsheets on a monthly basis. Here is the manual approach:

1) After you have designed your Xcelsius screen with the embedded spreadsheet, export it using the Data Export function, to serve as a template;

2) Each month you can update the data in this spreadsheet, making sure not to make any changes that would affect the bindings to the components in Xcelsius;

3) Then you would upload the updated spreadsheet back to Xcelsius using the data import function and recompile the SWF.

Depending on the complexity of your data updates, it may be easier just to make the updates directly in the Xcelsius workspace without exporting and importing each month.

If you want to fully automate the process, you could consider using one of Xcelsius's live data connection methods, such as Web Services or XML Maps for Excel.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I embedded the dashboard onto Sharepoint and I need the dashboard to update at the end of every month.

Im using web service as to automate the process but it prompts me an error. Error #2048.

I cant get over this error and I am in need to have my dashboards and data updated promptly at the end of each month.

Help?

Thanks!

Fatin

Singapore