cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to different languages at EP7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a need to enable the EP7.0 users to switch languages (between ENnglish and French) on EP.

There should be a link in the masthead area to let her selecting the desired language.

Please inform us how to achieve this. Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could try something like this

http://<host:port>/irj/portal?ume.logon.locale=fr

Create a link in the mast head and point it to a URL like this.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution of GLM will just display the Logon Screen in French!

When the user authenticated himself, the portal will use the users language for Content Display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to search user in portal for whom you have to change language.

1.login with admin rights.

2.user administrator.

2.search user.

3 click on mondify.

5.you will have option of change language.

6.click which language you want.

7 click on save.

tou your user will get allcontent in different language(french).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the great help from you.

Let me refine my question.

1) how to make more languages available . Currently we have only EN and DE.

2) We only want everyuser to be able to switch language after she logged in.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there are a few areas which would require you to manage languages within the portal:

1.) As mentioned your portal personalization options can be enabled per user to allow for global language management.

2.) The portal has 3 main areas to manage content

- Header menu area (Translation is managed within the portal)

- Navigational menu area (Translation is managed within the portal)

- Content menu area ((Managed outside the portal usually) since these are generally served from other systems the prerequisite is that you have the language packs installed on the sytems called for which ever application - in some cases translation content will be stored in the repositories called for by the portal i.e BSP applications/IAC's/Transactions etc.)

For each of these areas there are some changes you perform to manage translations to your own content should it not have the default SAP language translations available for your texts (or no language pack available at all). See the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/74/641640b7b6dd5fe10000000a155106/content.htm

Generally BASIS will have to install the language packs you wish to have in the systems and enable them. This solution adresses situations where lanuage packs are not available or specific portal texts are not translated correctly and you need to translate them yourself. I trust this will serve your needs.

here is a link defining how basis install on Thai language would be done within a system:

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/thai-language-pack-for-sap.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Its strange that you only have 2 language in the Portal. There should be more, base on stanadrd Portal available languages.

The language that the Portal takes are in the below order:

1) Your Browser language

2) Portal personalise language

3) Default: English

If you want only your user to have switch language after the login, then you have to set it via Portal personalise.

To help you on the available portal languages, checkout from help.sap: Configuring the List of Available Languages

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/45/fff338e19134dde10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Also checkout: Setting/Getting Available Languages

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b2/db49421c0b3c54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

If you need to add new languages which are not available in the Portal avilable languages, checkout this resolved thread for the steps:

1) How to add a new language in portal?

/message/6237135#6237135 [original link is broken]

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

2) The solution, i provided above fits to your requirements.

1) Some additional information to the post above: What do you mean with available languages? Are there only 2 languages you can choose between when you edit the language of 1 user? Then you need to make them available, which means you have to configure a service. This service can be found here:

System Admin. -> System Config. -> Service Config. -> com.sap.portal.admin.wizardframework -> Services -> locale_list_service

There you can specify which languages should be available in the portal. (for personalization and the Language-Switcher for anonymous users)

Edited by: Marcus Böhm on Oct 9, 2008 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You people are great! I wish to give all of you 10. Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a similar kind of issue.

I have installed ECC6.0 and I have a requirement that some users will log on in English and some users will log on in the regional language(supported by SAP).

When I am configuring the regional language, I am getting an message in SMLT "No package found".I have two questions.

1. Where to find and download the language packs for my intended language

2. If an user enters data in the regional language, can it be viewed in English ? ( or ,will the user logging in Enlish be able to see that data in English?)

Regards,

Moulinath Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use the personalize-option, that is delivered with the Portal.

There are 2 steps you need to perform in order to enable this feature:

1. In your Masthead-iView enable the option: 'Show Link in Masthead: Personalize'

2. Assign the Everyone-Core-Rule to your users. (portal-id: eu_core_role )

If you have performed both steps, the Link will appear in the masthead and your users can change theier language.