cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last page of report is missing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

.Net 2003 & crystal XI release I SP4. My Ado.net dataset populates correctly and even the Group Tree shows the correct values. However, the crystal viewer doesn't generate all of the expected detail lines on the last page of the report only. Is this some kind of bug in the software?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neil:

There is a number of post in this forum quite similar to the issue you are experiencing. If my recommendation below does not help, see if searching the forum will provide more clues towards resolution of the issue.

My first recommendation issues such as this is to write out the dataset to an XML, then point the report at the xml in the CR designer and see if you get the same issue there. If you do, then the XML is not a correct representation of what the report is expecting.

See this thread:

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=17270179&messageID=5831349

and look for my post from 6/27/08 on how to do the above.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, maybe a little more background would help. I am populating a dataset through the use of a select command in the data adapter where I join together 2 tables and fill the dataset. I can fill the dataset without error and all of the data is there and correct. My crystal report is passed this resulting dataset and has been built off of this dataset. However, crystal is missing some of the information. Also, oddly enough if I drop down the group tree pane in the report viewer I can drill down through the information and it IS in fact there and correct but the rest of the main report does not render that information. So, I guess I don't really understand why the schema would be incompatible in any way nor do I understand why it shows in the group tree pane but not the report. Is this method not viable for crystal reports then? Otherwise given that the information still shows in the group tree in crystal isn't this then a bug in the software?

Edited by: Neil Shimer on Oct 9, 2008 8:17 PM

Further update - Still having problems. Tried your suggestion and there is some sort of mapping problem but it doesn't make any sense to me. I even tried creating a new view on the database, created a new data adapter, generated a dataset from this, connected the crystal to that xsd, etc. and the exact same problem persists.

Edited by: Neil Shimer on Oct 9, 2008 11:32 PM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are getting a field mapping dialog, that means that the report is not geting the fields it is expecting (e.g.; it was designed with.). The field mapping dialog should be quite useful in determining what the report does not understand. Unfortunately, you are the only one that knows your data so you'll have to figure this out with the help of the field mapping dialog. If you can not do it in the CR designer, you can not do it at runtime for sure...

Ludek

Answers (0)