cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frds,

Can some one expalin me how to set up an organizational key using the steps in IMG.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls also refer to the following thread :

/message/6308533#6308533 [original link is broken]

IMG: Personnel Management -> Personnel Administration -> Organizational Data -> Organizational Assignment -> Set up Organizational Key :

1. Maintain feature VDSK1

2. Control

3. Creation rules

4. Validation.

Regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have another org key question and this seems like the appropriate thread:

How can I make the org key return a value that isn't from fields on infotype 0001, but instead, from text that I could somehow control.

For example, how could I make the Org key field an X or Y, without using any of the fields on infotype 0001, but simply those values.

marksullivan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Maybe try the user exists, HRPBAS001 for HR Master Data. Use transaction code CMOD.

There is a user exist for defaulting values before the screen is displayed to a user (ZXPADU01) and for defaulting values / validation after user entry on a screen (ZXPADU02).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The T527A table (Organizational Key: Rule for Creating Organizational Keys) controls the creation of the organizational key.

You can create one or several rows for each rule. The rows are always sorted according to SEQNO (sequence number). SNAME (Field Name) specifies the field of the Organizational Assignment infotype (0001) from which data should be included in the organizational key. Using the LNGTH (Length) and OFFST (Offset) fields, you can also specify that only data from certain places in the specified fields should be transported. OFFST defines the number of places that should be skipped (from the left). LNGTH specifies the number of places that should be included. The fields, or parts of fields, that have been determined for each row are placed after each other in the organizational key.

Please refre the following link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/17/4bba3b3bf00152e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this is hellpful. Please award points if satisfied.

Swapna.