Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error Exporting - File Not Found - due to Summary Information Title

I downloaded the vbnet_win_SimplePreviewReport and modified it slightly in order to duplicate the export problem I'm having. I'm using Crystal Reports 2008 in VB.NET.

I opened the World Sales report and edited the Summary Info (Crystal Reports > Report > Summary Info) - by changing the Title from "World Sales Report" to "World Sales / Report".

when you Run the application and press the Export button you will get an exception. From what I can tell the Title of the report is used to populate the file name in the dialog that is presented. When the title contains a character that is not allowed by a filename you get an exception.

I have a client with a number of reports and many of them contain the "/" in their Summary Info - they display this as the Title on their report. I've created my own export button to test with and before calling CrystalReportViewer1.ExportReport() - I've changed the Title to be an empty string --- nothing works. I always get an exception. The only thing I can do is actually edit the report and change the summary info title - which I don't believe is something the client should be restricted to on what goes here.

Does anyone have any thoughts or know what I could do in order to leave the client data as is and still export without errors?

Thanks.

Star Myers

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question