cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an CIF user exit which doesnt override the fields in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our requirement is to write a CIF user exit which doesn't override certain fields in APO. Basically for a location product, we will maintain certain fiedls in APO itself and doesn't want these fields to be overwritten by CIF transfer.

Where and how do I start the process of determining how this requirement can be accomplished ? Do I need to identify a FM or BAdi or an enhancement and then identify the fields that doesnt need to be overwritten?

How do I accomplish this ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing it by userexit , please check userexit APOCF005 in APO ( tcode SMOD)

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Now, how do I determine which program or FM can call this userexit APOCF005 ? Would that be /SAPAPO/CIF_PROD_INBOUND ?How can this be determined ?

Also, whats the difference between T-codes SMOD & CMOD? Is SMOD for listing all User exits and CMOD for already impelmented user exits ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMOD is used to display Project Enjancements. project contains a series of exits and additions u2013 for example, menu entries or function modules - that you develop and attach to the exits. Once you have identified the SAP enhancements you want to include in your project, you can begin adding your own functions to the exits offered in the enhancements. In CMOD select any Project and click on Components you can see all the Enhancement components included in that project

SMOD displays the enhancement that includes one or more components (function exits, menu enhancements, screen enhancements). Select your Userexit and click display..then go to 'components' there you can see the list of components.For APOCF005 try EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Userexit will be called before updating Product into APO.

use it_matloc structure( IT_MATLOC STRUCTURE /SAPAPO/CIF_MATLOC) in FM EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 to clearout update for those relevant fields.

Again in short :

SMOD displays enhancements provided by SAP .

CMOD displays projects which are your implementations of enhancements.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses guys.

Now, as my end goal is to avoid the overriding of certain field data in APO by CIF, what and how do I change the field attributes in structure /SAPAPO/CIF_MATLOC (say MTVFP, ATP_CHMOD) in FM EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001

Does any source code changes needs to be done and if so could you please let me know the syntax/procedure to accomplish the same ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

When u said "to clearout update for those relevant fields", whta exactly did you meant ? How do I accomplish this in coding ?

Below are the 2 fields for which I want the update not to happen. So can you please advice, how the code looks like after the change ?

FM : EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001.

Structure : /SAPAPO/CIF_MATLOC

Fields : ATP_CHMOD, FMTVFP

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loop through all the Product and location records that are CIFed from R/3.

loop the internal table it_matloc which will have the Product and location records that are CIFed from R/3.

Clear out the update flag for the field you wants ot clear.

it_matlocx-XXXX = ' '.

like v_matlocx-BSTFE = ' '.

Manish

Answers (0)