cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can anyone tell me where to maintain the maximum stock level for a particular part. It means there should be no procurement proposals if the stock has exceeded a particular level even though there are additional orders.

there is a field called maximum stock level in the MRP1 view but this will only work with the lot size HB - replenish upto the max stk level which is not required for us.

In our case, MRP type is normal PD and lot size is EX - lot for lot

Answers will be awarded for sure

Thanks in advance

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra ,

You can either go for reorder point planning in which if plant stock falls below reorder point system will generate procurement proposal . E.G if current stock is 150 , and reorder point is 100 and max stock level is 200 . Say you do withdrawal of 60 PC which will make stock 90 which will create Purchse req of 110 .

Or simply increase safety stock in your PD , EX scenario as HB or FX is best used with VM or VM .

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

My requirement is not for the strategy of PD or HB. I cannot use HB at any cost. I have to use PD. Inspite of that is it possible to plan only to a particular extent??

Thanks & Regards

Chandra

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you mainatain Max lot size system will check for this qty & it will not allow to generate PR or planned order more than this qty in MRP run & Max stock level is the stock for replinshment where lot size if replinishing. Use lot size EX instead of HB .It will solve your problem.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some Doubt,

Please let me know what is the main application/constrain instated of using HB to PD.

Suppose same material like X using in more then one product.

Eg:X material Max level is 100.00qty

Product A needs 90.00qty

Product B needs 80.00qty

Product C needs 80.00qty.

Once u run the MRP at plant level, then material X is planned for 100.00qty, then what about material X for product B and Product C.

If ur using MRP type PD then automatically material will not enter in to the planning file like consumption based planning.

How u will plan material X for product B and C.

Regards

Vijay