cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM, BAdi, User exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks

I had been trying to understand the way SAP had defined and differntiated Function modules, BAdi, User exits and below is my understanding.

Basic/standard functionality is provided in FM and non-standard functionality in BAdi and any other functionality that is not provided in both FM, BAdi can be implmented by using User Exits. Is this correct ?

Say, if I need to create and implement a user exit, whats the begining point ? Like do I need to identify a

FM or BAdi where I would be calling this exit ?

Further, what are Enhancement Projects & Enhancement Component? Should an user exit always be defined as a part of Enhancement Project & Component?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

FM: Some dialog steps and functions are required frequently during the realization of application development dialogs. These are available as function modules in self-contained modules. Their use standardizes application dialogs, which in turn simplifies use.

The function modules provide a standardized dialog box with function keys which are tested at the end of the dialog. Depending on the function module, texts for information, for choices and/or for the available function keys can be passed.

You can get FMs using transaction SE37

BADI:BAdIs or Business Add-Ins are used to create predefined enhancement options in the SAP ERP components, which are then appropriately implemented by the individual industry solutions, country variants, or even by partners and customers.The new ABAP language elements and their additions ensure that these additional options can be used comfortably in ABAP programs. Within the Enhancement Framework, a new BAdI is always meant by the term BAdI

User Exits: User exits allow you to add additional functions to the SAP standard.

Programs with user exits contain subroutine calls at certain points in their syntax that are identified by the prefix USEREXIT. The actual user exits are located in an include that has been assigned to a module pool. This is where customers can include any changes (enhancements) that they want to make to the system. These includes are always processed during program flow.

In principle, customers can modify anything they want that is found in the include (tables, structures, and so forth).