Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Configurator

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create 4 configurations in the configurator for Web Dynpro for ABAP. They are named ABAP_DE, ABAP_US,

JAVA_DE and JAVA_US.

I am running a Netweaver trial SP12.

When I enter any of the above names to create them, I get this error message:

"The name is not in the customer namespace and is therefore not valid"

I tried to use a "Z" in front but then it dumped.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not sure why it would dump. Can you provide any of the details of the dump? Have you searched for notes in OSS? I can confirm that configurations are development objects and follow the same rules of namespaces. Therefore you should create them in the customer namespace of Z or Y.

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

After I gave the component name ZPCS_CONFIGURATION I also entered the configuration-name ZABAP_DE. This resulted in a dump with this output:

Error when processing your request

What has happened?

The URL http://localhost:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/configure_component/ was not called due to an error.

Note

The following error text was processed in the system NSP : Screen output without connection to user.

The error occurred on the application server PCST60P_NSP_00 and in the work process 1 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

SYSTEM-EXIT of program SAPLSKEY

Function: TADIR_OBJECT_CHECK of program SAPLSKEY

Function: CHECK_ACCESS_KEYS of program SAPLSKEY

Method: CHECK_TROBJ_BEFORE_EDIT of program CL_WD_CONFIGURATION_MODEL=====CP

Method: FILL_PERS_DATA of program CL_WD_CONFIGURATION_MODEL=====CP

Method: EDIT_COMPONENT of program /1BCWDY/QBX36AEJ6I1RY1ES9KYB==CP

Method: IF_COMPONENTCONTROLLER~EDIT_COMPONENT of program /1BCWDY/QBX36AEJ6I1RY1ES9KYB==CP

Method: ONACTIONACTION of program /1BCWDY/QBX36AEJ6I1RY1ES9KYB==CP

Method: ONACTIONACTION of program /1BCWDY/QBX36AEJ6I1RY1ES9KYB==CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/QBX36AEJ6I1RY1ES9KYB==CP

I hope that this can sched some light on this issue.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It looks from the dump like this is in the developer or object key check. Make sure that the user are trying to do this with has a regiserted developer key. I see that this is NSP - so make sure you are using BCUSER as this is the only user that can have a dev. key in this system. When I look at those function modules in my system, they seem to have "dark" checks, so it may just be that the older SP levels didn't have these checks - hence the short dumps instead of good error messages when the function modules try to do a call screen.

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I am logged in as BCUSER when I do development. Would I solve this by installing the latest trial version from the download section ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Then it seems like it is asking for a product key. Rather strange for Z-named objects. However the update to the EnhP1 Sneak Preview should not only help with this problem - but also provide tons of other features. I would certainly recommend it. I have created configuration with a Z name on that version of the Sneak Preview and it did work for me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After I installed the newest version 7.01, I cannot get the configurator to work. When I choose it the context menu for my component, I get this error:

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://localhost:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/configure_component call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system NSP with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

ErrorCode:ICF-NF-http-c:000-u:SAPSYS-l:E-i:PCST60P_NSP_00-v:0-s:403-r:Forbidden

HTTP 403 - Forbidden

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

former_member210563
Participant
0 Kudos

I investigated this and found that in the 7.01 version of the trial, the services for many Web Dynpro activities are not activated by default.

They can be activated by using transaction SICF and choose the tree:

sap/bc/webdynpro/sap

and then activate the needed services.