cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share any useful job monitor filters you might have created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are two filters I've created to make my life easier. Hopefully others will find them useful. Please post any you find useful or any improvements/corrections to any shown in this thread.

To create a filter in Redwood Explorer select Monitor -> Jobs -> New Filter, specify a name for your filter and select any Conditions you want to apply, then Save.

-

Name: Now and next 4 hours

Purpose: Displays what's running now, what is scheduled for the next 4 hours, and in case the RFC connections aren't running it shows their state

Condition: "Advanced Filter Options"

Where Clause: status IN ('SCHEDULED','RUNNING','REMOTE','WAITING') AND

requesttime < (sysdate + 4/24) OR

name LIKE '%checked%poll%'

-

Name: Jobs scheduled during weekend outage

Purpose: Displays what jobs are scheduled between the specified dates to help assess impact of outage on batch schedule

Condition: "Advanced Filter Options"

Where Clause: status IN ('SCHEDULED','RUNNING','REMOTE') AND

requesttime > to_date('20081010 1600','YYYYMMDD HH24MISS') AND

requesttime < to_date('20081013 0700','YYYYMMDD HH24MISS') OR

name LIKE '%checked%poll%'

-

Edited by: Guy Tew on Oct 8, 2008 8:19 PM

Edited by: Guy Tew on Oct 8, 2008 10:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

two useful filters. Only comment I would add on the second filter is that you might also want to look at the job forecasting in CPS. A filter of jobs at the weekend is only going to show you jobs that are already scheduled. For example if I was looking at the jobs captured by this filter today (Thursday) I will see only those jobs that are already sat there ready. It's not going to show me now the jobs that I have scheduled to run later today or tomorrow that might also once complete reschedule themselves for during any outage too. Since these jobs are repeating jobs that use a submit frame and possibly a timewindow the forecasting in CPS would enable you to see these jobs too. By default these forecasted jobs are only visible in the job monitor if you enable the calendar view (button). Alternatively I have created Scripts to output the forecast into Excel to enable other non-cps users to see the impact of any outage.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Good point on the second filter. I did understand the limitation and had seen the calendar view, but didn't realise it was clever enough to forecast what would be running as well.

Cheers for the tip

Regards

Guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

just for completeness for others, in order to do the forcasting the forcasting module needs installing which will create a couple of extra scripts that can be executed to generate a forecast. Forecasting is not enabled out of the box. You will need to run the forecast job first to see what will run in the future in the calendar view in the job monitor.

Regards,

Simon

Answers (0)