cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completion of Preventive Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I was in a assumption that if we had given shif factor as 100% and didn`t flag the completion requirement...the schedule adjust based upon the completion of the work order.

ex : 01.01.2008 is the start date and it has a monthly frequency which goes on 02.01.2008 and so on.

lets assume if the work completed on 01.15.2008 ....so automatically next schedule will move on to 02.15.2008 ? as we had given the shif factor as 100% ..if yes how the system calculate the completing date...based on TECO or Based on time confirmation ? I know if we keep shift factor as blank and unflag the completion rqmt...schedule would not get affected.

and also how the system calculate the basic start date and basic finish date without using the priority?

pls advice

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

As you haven't closed this question as answered, i'm figuring you are still not clear on the forwards/backwards scheduling.

KR is correct in his description, but perhaps it is not clear.

If you plan your work to be finished on a certain date, you backwards schedule. Typical scenario - Customer requires job completion on this date.

If you plan to start your work on a certain date, you forwards schedule. Typical scenario - Production release the equipment for maintenance on this date.

Sounds as though you are using backwards scheduling but really don't desire that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

The completion indicator in the maintenance plan has only one effect: A new call will not be created until the last call is technically completed.

So if you have a shif factor of 100% and 0 tolerance and you technically complete the work order 5 days late, the next call will be moved out 5 days, but only after you either manually run scheduling for the plan or run deadline monitoring. The completion indicator will have no effect on this date determination.

If you have a monthly plan, with a call date 7 days before the plan date, if you have not completed the last call when you reach the next call date, a new call object (work order or notification) will be created (typically from deadline monitoring) if you have NOT set the completion indicator.

Completion is always determined from the technical completion date, not the confirmation date.

As for the basic start and finish dates (without priority).

The start date will be the planned date (not the call date) if you have defined forward scheduling.

The finish date will depend upon the duration of the operations and any dependencies between the start and finish times of the operations that you have set up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your clarification.Right now in my system it is showing backward in time .Can you please explain what is all about the scheduling type....I couldnt figure out the differences of forwards,backwards and also tell me the std one which one shd be used ....For me currently system shows two days before the planned date in the basic start date..this is becuase it is in backward in time ?

It would be big help if you could explain this stuff...

Vijay

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you explain clearly ,normally for PM forward scheduling will be used.if you have specified the call horizon then the planned and call date will be different

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

As your first post was asking that completion of plan date depends upon which date. SO when you are going to do TECO or NOCO of your order and notification system ask two date one for is plan and one is for order or notification. SO the date which you enter in plan at the time of TECO is that completion date.

Its nothing related with Forward or backward sceduling of your order. Its only related to date which you filled at the time of TECO.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I understand comepletion date would always be the TECO date.Also I put an other question about basic start date which I got the reply from H.SB saying tht

"As for the basic start and finish dates (without priority).

The start date will be the planned date (not the call date) if you have defined forward scheduling."

As i am not aware how scheduling type works since he said it shd be forward scheduling to see the planned date as basic start date.but for me....system shows the 2 days before the planned date and also scheuling type in backwards in time.

I just wanted to know is there anything relation between basic start date and scheduling type and also the usage of scheduling type.

Hope I am clear.

Please advice

Vijay

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Basic strat date and end date will change when you will change scheduling type F/W or B/W.

F/W Scheduling: In this case basic start date will remain same.

B/W Scheduleing: In this case basic end date will remain same.

Eg. Total duration of work is 30 Hr

No of person assigned 01, Daily working Hour is 6

Then it will take total 5 days to finish this job but you have got 7 days to finish the job.

According to F/W scheduling strat of job will be straight 5 Days from the job planned. But in case of B/W your Basic strat date will after 2 days.

Regards,

akushal Rai