Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Clearing on Electronic Bank Statement

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem to clear the customer open items.

Let me explain the situation.

The is an invoice on the Customer Account. The entry is:

Customer A/c Dr. 100

Sales A/c Cr 100

Now, I have received a bank statement, when I posted the receipt. When I posted electronic bank statement, the entry the system is going to post is:

Bank Main Account Dr. 100

Bank Sub Account Cr. 100

There is still a debit lying in the Customer and there is a credit lying in the Bank Sub Account. How can I clear these two accounts with each other.

Any valid inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why post to the clearing account? You can directly post to the customer account.

Debit Bank

Credit customer

For this you have to create a posting rule which will be linked to the external code (BAI code if you are getting the bank statement in BAI format) and the posting rule should have 'standard algorithm' assigned to it.

Then while uploading the bank statement you have to give the range of customer invoice numbers against BELNR or XBELNR. The system will automatically identify the customer based on the invoice number on Record type 16 appearing in Bank statement and clear the open item and generate the above accounting entry.

For a detailed description of how the EBS works, please see the thread titled EBS posted by Sheena Mehta and answered by me.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I do not have any invoice reference numbers in the bank statement. I am having the Customer Bank Key and Bank Account Number.

In that case how to create the search strings.

Please let me know search string functionality in this case. Do you have any step by step document available for search strings.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I send the document?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,