cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retroactive accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have an interesting issue on hand, I have an employee whose master record was changed in July-2008 (backperiod) which implies that it's retroactive accouting will run when we execute the current period payroll. However we had blocked 7th month for any retro effects, due to which when we executed the payroll for September-2008 this employee was completely missed and no payroll was generated for this employee.

To solve the issue we paid the employee directly from the finance, however the thing that worries me now is that when we will execute the payroll for October system will automatically generate retro effects for this employee from July-September.

How can we stop that? Setting up the date in PU03 (Payroll status) Earliest personal retroactive accounting date

for 1st October 2008 would help us? any alternative solutions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

One possible solution would be to delimit his IT0008 for the sepetember with no wage type. As well delimit all the deductions and additional payment in IT0014 and IT0015 for september so that will not pay anything. Ask EE not to enter time for that period. There will not be a gross pay available during sepetember and thus no payroll calculation.

But make sure of Arrears in October payroll (assuming you're on monthly payroll).

Try this in QE.

Let me know.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks arti,

I do understand that what you proposed is one of the solutions for the problem, explain to me what would be the showever can you please ide effects if I just set the Earliest retro active date in infotype PU03 to 1st October 2008 and also change the earliest MD change to 1st October 2008 so that when we run the payroll for October system just doesnt generate retro effects for August and September.

Will this cause any problems later on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not at all...

Thats a good idea but I was under impression that you want to run payroll for August but not september in October.

If it is that way then change earliest MD change date and Mast.data chng.bonus to start date of Oct 2008.

Moreover if the change you have made is just applicable to sept (I mean to say within start and end date of pay period of sept) then you can lock that record in PA30.

I hope this help.

Arti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arti, I found the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that since payroll for september didn't generate results for this employee we paid him directly from Finance since we had already posted to accounting the payroll results. Now when we will run the payroll for October system would generate results for three periods Juldy, August, and september. However we have already paid for September through finance voucher. How to stop re-payment for this employee for the month of September again in the current payroll? and just pay as per October payroll.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow Kibo's suggestion.

Enter an adjustment wagetype equivalent to the netpayment generated in September to offset the payment already made.

I assume you only made the direct payment, and you are still interested in system calculated Tax, Pensions etc for September to post to the correct GL and Vendor accounts.

former_member17522
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, the only way to stop retro now is pu03 as you said. However if you changed master data for the past there are payroll arrears that should be calculated. I don't understand why you change master data for the past and want to stop retro.

Cheers!,

Carlos.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did u post the results to fico pls let me know

if not delte the resulst useing PU01 from july

and run pay roll live for the other periods in simulation

but i belive u have not posted the results

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe if you set this date, this also limits all Master data changes to that date. You may not want that effect (correct me if I'm wrong here). Would it be a solution to actually trigger retro (in QA), see what is paid and even that out with a deduction wage type or in IT 45 (we have a loan type for 'prepaid salary' that we use for these purposes).

You may have to explain the remuneration statement to the employee - but maybe safer?